10 Day Itinerary - HELP! (please!)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, you guys rock! Cannot believe all of the great info I've gotten. Almost don't feel like I have to go...but I will!!!To recap, we're a couple of young 50 year olds, looking for some good beaching, a little snorkling, nice accomodations, good food and light adventuring. We certainly believe CR has all that, and more, to offer. Sooooo, I think I have a plan in place....any feedback from past visitors would be GREATLY appreciated. We fly in on the 21st of February (1PM).

Stay in LaFortuna (Arenal Paraiso) on Feb 21 and 22 (2 nights)

Travel to Samara (Villa Kalimba) for 4 nights

Travel to Manuel Antonio (accomodation unknown) for four nights.

Travel to Peace Lodge (one night)

March 4 - Back to Reality!!!

NO accomodations or transportation (other than airflight) have been booked, so I still can make changes....

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS VERY WELCOME...

Thanks again...
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM

I would suggest you stay another night at Arenal. Your plan gets you in there very late in the day, probably around 6PM. Two nights only gives you one day because on your 3rd day you will have to travel to Samara. One day is just not enough for Arenal. Two days at the very minimum.

For beach, I know nothing about Samara so I will leave that to others. But I would ask, is this your lounging on the beach doing nothing time? How many days of this do you require.

MA has lots and lots of varied activities, you can easily fill your days.

Peace Lodge, well you are heading out of MA and about 4-5 hours later arriving at Peace Lodge. It would be a shame not to have time to enjoy the hummingbirds, the butterflies, the waterfalls, both of your jacuzzies(sp), the waterfall shower, rocking chairs and hammock, plus miss Poas and Doka. How about 2 nights here? This way you would have a full day and possibly a morning.

Just my thoughts!
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM

For us, 3 nights at Samara would be absolutely enough (actually, we were there 2 nights and it was enough). And you can enjoy Manuel Antonio very well in 3 nights as well (although there is plenty to do for a longer stay).

I agree that you would benefit from an extra night at Arenal and an extra night at Peace Lodge. You will have plenty of beach time, and the central part of the country is WELL worth the extra time you will spend there. It is just gorgeous. Poas is excellent!

Donna has given you some great advice, and I wholeheartedly agree with her. You have planned a very nice trip for yourself, good locations, not too rushed. For maximum enjoyment (at least from my perspective), you would benefit from adjusting it just a bit!
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to both...I've read enough on this site to know that shillmac is pretty well bang on with views!!! Ok, so it's two nights in Arenal. Incidentally, ARENAL PARAISO appears booked for this period of time...any other suggestions???
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Original Poster

just a correction on my last message...we're now planning on staying three nights at Arenal - just not sure where yet!!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 05:03 PM

Check out the website for Lost Iguana--you can do a search on this board as well. It sounds lovely and I don't think it has gotten a bad review.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

thanks shillmac...had check Lost Iguana - read a couple of concerning items on this site, and a few others on Trip Advisor...although I fully appreciate every facility will have SOME problems at one time or another...at any rate, I was fortunate enough to have received an email from Arenal Paraiso staff, who advised that they had "found" an opening for me so....we're in for three nights...thanks a bunch for all the advice!
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 06:52 PM

Enjoy the pura vida, and don't forget to bring some home with you!