Reload this Page >

Zurich or Luzern?

Search

Zurich or Luzern?

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2000, 04:36 PM
Kristi

Zurich or Luzern?

I am staying in Switzerland for 5 days. I can't decide if I should stay in Zurich or Luzern. What good tourist attractions and hotels are in Zurich & Luzern. I am planning to spend only up to 5,000 in Switzerland. <BR>I appreciate this! Thanx in advance!!

Old May 2nd, 2000, 04:42 PM
Kristina

I'm sorry, but my email is [email protected] (i forgot to include the 88). Zurich and Luzern both sound enchanting. Perhaps I'll visit both,but if you could pick one what would it be?? Thank you!!!

Old May 2nd, 2000, 05:02 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Kristi <BR>Would pick Luzern as there is possibly <BR>more to do out of it without traveling <BR>a longer distance. <BR>1.Luzern, Transport Museum and old town, <BR>etc., the city itself. <BR>2. If you want to spend a day in Zurich <BR>the train takes 55 mins to get there and <BR>the same to return. <BR>Things to see around Luzern. <BR>1. the Lake Lucerne, boats and various <BR>stops along the Lake. <BR>2. Mt Pilatus, taking the train or boat <BR>to Alpnachstad, up on the incline railway to the Kulm, have lunch and <BR>return cableways via Kreins and bus <BR>to the Luzern Station. <BR>3. Mt. Titlis, taking the train to Engleberg then take the cablecars up <BR>and down, very good view atop on clear <BR>day. <BR>4. Mt. Rigi, take the boat to Vitznau <BR>up the rack railway to Rigi Klum, have <BR>lunch, down via Arth Goldau to Luzern <BR>or return via Vitznau and boat. <BR>5. In the event of a rainy day, get on <BR>the boat for a few hour cruise to Fruelan and return, lunch on board. <BR>6.If weather is perfect, take an early <BR>morning train to Interlaken, change to <BR>Lauterbrunnen and change up the Jungfrau, This is quiet and experience. <BR>There ristorantes and hotels in all <BR>classes in Luzern, a lot of hotels are <BR>within minutes of the rr station and <BR>there are a number of hotels overlooking <BR>the old bridge on the river... <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il.. <BR> <BR>

Old May 2nd, 2000, 10:06 PM
Christine

Unequivocally, Luzern! <BR>Zurich is very much a business/banking city, and probably further from the mountains then you think. <BR>

Old May 3rd, 2000, 03:32 AM
Ed

Depends on what you're intersted in, of course. Actually Zuerich is quite nice, some interesting things to do in the city and fine excursions. www.twenj.com/swisszrhoneday.htm <BR> <BR>Luzern is the better choice for most, by far though. It's a charming city, and looks to most North Americans as they expect a 'typical' Swiss city would look. <BR> <BR>Better, spend part of your time there, and part in the spectacular mountains surrounding the Jungfrau. You'll find you get a good mix of Switzerland's best if you do both. www.twenj.com/swissshort.htm <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com