Zurich hotels

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Geli

Zurich hotels

I'm looking for a hotel in Zurich, near the lake or river, any suggestions? Preferably, something quaint.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Ed

And you want to pay (???) for a (double/single) (with/without) bath?

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Ursula

Quite correct, Ed! Geli: and for when? <BR> <BR>Quaint: <BR>Widder***** www.widderhotel.ch <BR>Tiefenau**** www.tiefenau.ch <BR>Florhof Romantik-Hotel***romantikhotels.com/zuerich <BR>Kindli*** (no web page) <BR>Neufeld*** www.hotel-neufeld.ch <BR>Rössli*** www.hotelroessli.ch <BR>Rütli*** www.rutli.ch <BR>Seefeld*** www.hotel-seefeld.ch <BR>Seegarten*** www.hotel-seegarten.ch <BR>Seehof*** www.seehof.ch <BR>Otter** www.wueste.ch <BR>Pension St. Josef www.st-josef.ch <BR>Backpacker www.backpacker.ch/city-packer <BR> <BR>All places within walking distance to the lake or the River Limmat.. well, more or less. Depends, what you call near, but you can walk from any of the above places, no problem there. <BR>For furhter info: www.zurichtourism.ch <BR>Hope this helps!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Ursula

Forgot about one of the nicest places right on the River Limmat: <BR>Hotel Zum Storchen**** <BR>www.storchen.ch <BR> <BR>However, it's pricy. I don't know, whether it fits with your budget. But they have weekend specials!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Ed

Not to mention the Baur au Lac, more or less right on the lake. Just a bit pricey too. <BR> <BR>***** <BR>http://www.bauraulac.ch/htmlsBAL/homebal.html

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Ursula

Ed: Well, Ed, the "Baur au Lac" as well as the "Dolder" are still top places, of course. BUT, have a look at the "Widder". Probably the nicest boutique hotel right now in Zurich. <BR>As a matter of fact, the "Dolder" is a little run down, does not meet with the requirements of a modern business traveler, etc. <BR>the "Baur au Lac" has rooms to the street which I do not find that terrific. <BR>The "Widder" is on Rennweg very close to the "Kindli" hotel, in a couple of old quaint and charming houses but completely updated with modern infrastructure. This just for your information. They have a great jazz bar which is legendary and a couple of nice restaurant in different price ranges. <BR>It's definitely a extremely nice place, about he same price range as the "Baur au Lac", but much smaller, some 50 rooms only. <BR>I hope you don't mind this, my personal opinion. Check the place out for a drink or a meal (they have a nice patio), when back in Zurich some time.