Reload this Page >

Zurich amd Amsterdam help needed.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 12:43 PM
VIC

I need recommendations on hotels near the airport in Zurich and Amsterdam.Also does anyone know of any airlines with reasonable prices that go from Zurich to Amsterdam. <BR>

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 01:01 PM
Tricia

We stayed in Amsterdam right near the airport, there were several hotels- Can't remember the name but it was in August and we got in with no reservations. For airlines you want www.easyject.com

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 01:59 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Vic <BR>Have not stayed at any of the hotels closeby to Kloten due to it being only <BR>abou 15 mins from the HB Zurich to <BR>the rr platform in the lower levels of <BR>Kloten, however hotel information can <BR>be fouund www.swisshotels.ch/ and <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ Information on <BR>Kloten on www.zurich-airport.com. <BR>There are plenty of hotels within short <BR>distances from the HB and many very <BR>good ristorantes. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il...

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 04:37 PM
Anna

Trains leave frequently from the Zurich Hbf to the airport (I beleive every 20 minutes). We stayed at a hotel a few minutes walk from the station and took a train the next morning, the fare was less than 6 SF. We stayed at the Hotel Leonhard Zurich which was just over the Bahnhofbrucke from the train station. We payed 175 SF for a double with WC. We were happy that we stayed in Zurich, as it gave us time to explore the city on our last evening. You may want to do a search on this bulletin board for more information as I think I asked the same question just over a year ago.

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 01:54 AM
Sjoerd

In Amsterdam, you don't really want or need a hotel close to the airport. It is only 20 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station to Schiphol Airport. Airport Hotels are boring and there is nothing to do in these places. Choose a hotel close to Central Station, such as the Victoria. <BR>No "cheap" airline flies from Zurich to Amsterdam. KLM and Swissair are your options. EasyJet fly Geneva to Amsterdam. <BR>www.easyjet.com