ZTL Question about Palermo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed a hotel in Palermo about the ZTL situation in that city, and they told me that I should be fine because I have a late model rent a car that it should be exempt.

I just want to park the car at my hotel and use it the next morning to drive to the airport.

"""Per quanto riguarda la ZTL, il divieto di circolare con targhe alterne è solo per le auto Euro 0,1,2,3. In generale le auto a noleggio sono moderne e possono circolare normalmente ( Euro 4 e 5).""""

I also went here:
http://ztl-italia.blogspot.com/2008/02/ztl-palermo.html

My Italian isn't very good (so I used google translation), but doesn't it say I still need a permit or something to drive in the ZTL even if my car is approved?
ZTL Zona A
Potranno circolare nella ZTL Zona A soltanto veicoli con omologazione antismog Euro 3 , Euro 4 o classe superiore.
I Proprietari delle Auto che rispondono all'Omologazione Antismog prescritta potranno richiedere il Pass di Accesso facendone richiesta alla ditta che ne gestisce l'appalto presentando la documentazione necessaria e versamento presso uno dei Punti Autorizzati.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

I don't see the edit or delete function so let me redo this question.

I emailed a hotel in Palermo about the ZTL situation in that city, and they told me that I should be fine because I have a late model rent a car that it should be exempt.

I just want to park the car at my hotel and use it the next morning to drive to the airport. I will have had it for 5 days around Sicily.
From the hotel:
"""Per quanto riguarda la ZTL, il divieto di circolare con targhe alterne è solo per le auto Euro 0,1,2,3. In generale le auto a noleggio sono moderne e possono circolare normalmente ( Euro 4 e 5).""""

However, I also went here:
http://ztl-italia.blogspot.com/2008/02/ztl-palermo.html

My Italian isn't very good (so I used google translation), but doesn't it say I still need a permit or something to drive in the ZTL even if my car is approved?
ZTL Zona A
Potranno circolare nella ZTL Zona A soltanto veicoli con omologazione antismog Euro 3 , Euro 4 o classe superiore.
I Proprietari delle Auto che rispondono all'Omologazione Antismog prescritta potranno richiedere il Pass di Accesso facendone richiesta alla ditta che ne gestisce l'appalto presentando la documentazione necessaria e versamento presso uno dei Punti Autorizzati.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 05:40 AM

ok just so I get this right... you are renting a car?
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Things don't always go by the letter of the law in Sicily. Or by what the hotel says. To be safe, I'd drop the car and take a bus or a taxi to the airport.
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Drop the car and save one day rental.
The savings will pay for your taxi. That is what we did.