Search

YOUTH HOSTELS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 12:18 PM
Ieda

YOUTH HOSTELS

I will go to Italy (Rome - Florence - Veneza - Verona) next June. IŽd like to know about Youth Hostels of there! <BR> <BR>Thx, <BR>Ieda/Brazil

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 12:31 PM
Thyra

Leda, the best guidebook for youth hostels is Let's Go, you might want to run to a book store and pick up a copy of the new 2001 edition. They are written by students and have tons of hostel info. Also try Lonely Planet website which is also geared more to the youth hostel demographic. Good Luck! <BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 01:11 PM
Ed

Not all hostels are members of IYHF but that organization has many, many. See <BR>http://www.iyhf.org/index.html <BR> <BR>Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, Let's Go are other sources. <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 01:10 AM
Steve

Hello Ieda, <BR> <BR>For hostels in Italy the website is: <BR> <BR>www.hostels-aig.org

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 03:13 AM
Christine

The best website for Hostel information that I've found is at www.eurotrip.com. They have hostel reviews and check the discussion boards under hostels and do a search for the city your looking for. <BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 07:00 AM
Paulo

The IYHF hostel in Rome is near the Olympic Stadium and Ponte Milvio. This is quite a ways out from the old center (some 4km north of St. Peter's) but conveniently connected bu public transportation. <BR> <BR>To get there from Termini station you may take Metro line A and step off either at the Lepanto station and take bus #280 or, better, at the Ottaviano station and take bus #32. <BR> <BR>In Venice, the IYHF hostel is on the Giudecca Island, a short vaporetto ride (5 min) to San Marco. My daughters satyed here and loved it (even though there's a 119m curfew . <BR> <BR>In Florence, there are 2 IYHF hostels now. Villa Camerata (the older one) is a very nice villa amidst a park located some 5km outside the old center. We went there by car and according to what a couple of youth told us, it was pretty easy to get into town by bus. The new one, Ostello del Carmine, is located much closer to the old town. It's located in the Oltrarno, about 1 km west from Ponte Vecchio. <BR> <BR>The IYHF hostel in Verona is also a very nice Villa at walking distance to the old center, about 600mts from Ponte Giusti. Once again, there's convenient bus transportation nearby (the train station is quite far away). <BR> <BR>Paulo