Search

Your valued comments on these Luzern-ish hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your valued comments on these Luzern-ish hotels

Greetings all (and especially to the generous Travelnut) -
Hours of hotel bargain hunting via this great site has brought me to these 3 hotels and I would be most appreciative for your input. Evidently the weekend of May 5-8 is a religious holiday in Switzerland so I have already received many 'sorrys'(including Goldener-Stern). I have offers now from:
Hotel Schlussel in Luzern(no website), Hotel Roggerli in Hergiswil and Hotel Brunig in Hergiswill. We have a car so don't mind driving to Hergiswill. Both of the Hergiswill hotels are offering views of the lake and balconies for 140/150 CHF. Most other lake view hotels in Luzern are offering rooms at 235 - 260 CHF. Love your comments about the town of Hergiswill and the drive from Luzern as well.
Thank you all!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM

Haven't stayed at any of those but have seen Hotel Roggerli recommended numerous times...
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 11:26 PM

Charliemom or anyone else, We are going to be staying one night in or near Lucern next week; can you tell us where you ended up staying? Like you, we will have a car,plus two kids (2 + 5),and arriving late-ish, so easy parking would be nice.Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hergiswil might be easier with kids. It has a beautiful playground next to the lake and the Glassblower factory. If you want to go to Lucerne, you could go by bus since parking is quite expensive. If you go by car, you can usually find parking spaces in the pay by hour parking garages near the Lucerne train station.

Some ideas for the kids: Goldau Animal Park, a trip to the Rigi, a ride on the ferry (but do get off in a town along the way and walk around) and the Glacier garden (Gletchergarten) in Lucerne. Engleberg has lots to offer for kids too like tobogganruns, playgrounds and a trip to Titlis.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 04:24 AM

http://www.hotel-roggerli.ch/

Hi, My friends stayed at the Roggerli and were very pleased. Loved the lake views. They used the lakeboats and the trains to zip here and there, so you might want to park your car and leave the driving to them. J.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 04:33 AM
rex

Though I have not checked on its prices lately (it's sharply lower than the high-priced hotels in Luzern, and <i>very</i> nice), you might throw Hotel Alabana in Weggis into your candidate list.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 04:34 AM
rex

Ohhh! Just now saw the date - - hope this is helpful to BAuslander...