Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Your recommendations for best London B&B @ L30pp or less?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 10:22 AM
J.M.

Hey all you helpful folks out there! My husband and I will be hosting four family members from the US. We are all on a very tight budget, as you can tell from the subject header. <BR> <BR>So, what can you tell me? 6 adults need decent place to sleep, for one or two nights only, at L30 per person or less. <BR> <BR>Websites and phone numbers too, please. <BR> <BR>That's my real address above, if you wish to email me. Thanks ever so much!! <BR> <BR>J.M.

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 12:13 PM
J.M.

Anyone?????

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 12:56 PM
Lesli

JM - <BR>Hope you get some first-hand replies here soon. But meanwhile, try searching the hosted forum on London from a couple months ago. (I was thinking about a London trip at the time, and recall several posts re accomodations that might be in your price range.) Although I have not yet made it across the pond, I've bookmarked some B & B sites based on my research which I'd be happy to share with you, if you're interested.

Old Jul 15th, 2000, 04:31 AM
segal

Try www.smoothhound.co.uk it has a listing on B&Bs in London and you can email for rates and availability.

Old Jul 15th, 2000, 05:23 AM
Dianne

When my family & I stayed at the Fairways, at Sussex Garden near the Paddinton tube Station, 2 summers ago, it was the cost you want, but I don't know what the cost is now. We loved it there as it is a very friendly quiet B&B with a wonderful breakfast. The rooms with a balcony seem to be best. <BR> <BR>Their web site is: www.scoot.co.uk/fairways_hotel Phone: 0171 723 4871

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 06:58 AM
steve

slightly out of the way, but a block from a train station that takes you into the center of london is The White House. About 20 pounds per person. <BR>www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dmark