Young couple in Florece, how many days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in our late 20's and will be going to Rome for 6 days, and Florence for 3 days. Is there going to e enought stuff for us to do in Florence for 3 days? I have heard you should do a maximum of 2 days.
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 10:26 AM
ira

Hi M,

May I suggest that instead of starting a new thread for each question that you put everything into one headed "Italy Honeymoon Questions"?

We very much enjoyed an 11-day stay in Florence.

Good to see that you resolved the problem of how long to stay in Rome.
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think we can answer the kind of question(s) you are asking. For some 1 day would be too much for Florence, for some a month not long enough.

For me, personally, I'd minimize time in both Rome and Florence and spend it all in Venice... but again completely a personal choice of taste, style, interests.
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 10:39 AM

We spent one week in Rome (and we would like to have at least two more days), one week in Florence (and we think that was OK, we loved the city , its museums and palaces and we were glad that we planed 7 full days there).
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 11:40 AM

I loved Florence and think there is plenty to see, we stayed 2.5 days and I could have easily spent another 2.5
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM

It's going to be great! You'll get a nice taste for Florence being there for 3 days. Or, if you tire of it, you can always take a bus to a city nearby, like San Gimingiano or Siena!
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 12:23 PM

The "Destinations" area of Fodor's has a section on what to do if you have 3 days in Florence: "Day 1 is spent exploring Florence's centro storico, which will give you an eyeful of such masterpieces as Ghiberti's bronze doors at the Battistero, Giotto's Campanile (bell tower), Brunelleschi's cupola majestically poised atop the Duomo, and Botticelli's epic Primavera and Birth of Venus at the Galleria degli Uffizi.
On Day 2, wander north of the Duomo and take in the superb treasury of works ranging from Michelangelo's David at the Galleria dell'Accademia to the lavish frescoes at the Cappella dei Magi in the Palazzo Medici-Riccardi and the Museo di San Marco (don't miss San Lorenzo, Michelangelo's Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana, and the Cappelle Medicee). On this afternoon (or on the afternoon of Day 3) head southeast to Santa Croce or west to Santa Maria Novella.
On Day 3, cross the Ponte Vecchio to the Arno's southern bank and explore the Oltrarno, being sure not to miss the Brunelleschi-designed church of Santo Spirito and the frescoes in the church of Santa Maria del Carmine." On day 3 while you are on the south side of the Arno, I would also suggest you visit the church of San Miniato al Monte and the Piazza Michelangelo, from which you get amazing views of Florence. This, together with breaks for cappuccino and gelato, should keep you very busy indeed!