York, England...Need Info.

Sep 13th, 1997, 05:35 AM
Caryl

York, England...Need Info.

Any suggestions on where to stay in York?
Something with "charm" and not too costly. (No more than $100.00 per night.)

Sep 13th, 1997, 10:34 AM
Tricia

While waiting for a specific response you might enjoy browsing in http://city.net/countries/united kingdom or go in thru Excite Search Engine and type in "travel in England". Its great- has lots and lots of info, weather, transportation. They divide country up into areas and regions so you should be able to look up York. It also has farmhouses, B&B's etc. Good luck!

Sep 21st, 1997, 01:28 PM
Ben Haines

I think I know just the place for you. The Bootham Bar Hotel, phone 0044 1904 6585 16 (but bewarte the time shift). With baths en suite doubles are 58 pounds or ninety dollars, and sing;les 50 pounds or eighty dollars, a night. They are cheaper rooms without bath. I rem,ember the hotel, placed at one of the gates of rthe city, with some rooms built on the city wall. I'm afraid they have no web site.

Welcome to England

Ben Haines, london

Oct 12th, 1997, 12:19 AM
Betty

We stayed at a wonderful B & B in York alled Arndale House. It was wonderful - very charming with four poster beds and great breakfasts. A trip across the moors to Whitby is well worth it. Have a great time.

Oct 12th, 1997, 12:19 AM
Betty

We stayed at a wonderful B & B in York called Arndale House. It was wonderful - very charming with four poster beds and great breakfasts. A trip across the moors to Whitby is well worth it. Have a great time.