Reload this Page >

York Accomadtions

Search

York Accomadtions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Mike

York Accomadtions

My wife and I are planning to visit York the weekend of Jube 15. This date coincides with the York horse race weekend. We are having much difficulty finding a place to stay. Has anyone gone to York? Is it worth going to that particular weekend? Is the City Guest House any good?

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Anne

Airden house is a nice B&B close to downtown. (Rick Steves rcommendation) We found the owners wonderful and helpful and we had 2 children with us. Also the Travel Inn. Cheap "motel 6ish" yet, clean, safe and easy to find on the ring road. In fact I think there are two just outside York. (they have a website too) <BR>have fun <BR>Anne

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:22 PM
lisa

<BR>hiya mike... <BR> <BR>i have stayed in the haworth guest house in york..its not right in the city center but was only about 3pounds for the cab. <BR>it was nicely decorated and spacious. breakfast was included in the cost of the room. <BR>hope this helps

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 01:47 PM
margo

I loved it here. <BR>BARBICAN HOUSE: 20 Barbican Rd. Y010 5AA. <BR>Tel: 01904-627617. Fax: 01904-647140. <BR>Web site: http://www.barbicanhouse.com/ <BR>E-mail: [email protected] (6 rms., all w/toilet & shower.) £50-60 single; £62-70 double. Call for triple rates. No children under 12. Half-buffet & half cooked full English breakfast (8-8:45am) is included in the rates & served in an attractive old-fashioned decorated breakfast room. Visa, MC. Restored wonderful charming newly renovated Victorian smoke-free guesthouse w/beautifully furnished & individually decorated nice-size rms., TV, no phones, 7 (double bed, handicapped access), 2 (2 twin beds, nonworking fireplace, sitting room & faces street), 4 (double bed & faces street), 1 (double bed & nonworking fireplace) & 5 (attic rm. w/double bed, nonworking fireplace & faces street w/view of Minster) are for a double; lots of ambience, face cloths (that is because of Juliet), fully stocked bathrooms, hairdriers, tea/coffee makers in each rm., ceiling fans, carpeted flrs., quiet location, overlooks medieval city walls, no elevator, 3 flrs., free parking. Owned & managed by Juliet & Michael Morgan. Juliet, a native of California, & Michael, a native of York, have combined the best of both to ensure that your stay is comfortable and relaxing. Located on the southeast edge of town near the city wall. (Closed Dec. 25-Feb. 15.) <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 04:15 PM
York

Check out the Royal York Hotel. Beautiful Hotel located next to railroad station inside city

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Lily

Please check availability at the Hazelwood. We stayed there in March and were extremely pleased. It's a lovely place and very conveniently located. York is awesome. You will have a fabulous time. The Hazelwood's website is: <BR> <BR>http://www.thehazelwoodyork.com/