Reload this Page >

Yarn shops in London

Search

Yarn shops in London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 04:53 PM
valuent

Yarn shops in London

I'll be traveling to London in November and am asking if anyone knows if there are any good quality yarn shops in London. Would the large department stores have the higher quality yarns? I am referring to the high fashion type yarns, not the afghan quality yarns found in craft stores. Thank you.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 06:41 PM
cdf

Liberty has a department with lots of needlepoint kits and supplies and threads and yarns,and I believe the quality is very fine. Even if they don't have what you want, it is worth the visit to admire this old beautiful building and the ceiling~C

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 04:03 AM
AnnaC

I'm not an expert on yarn quality, but I would recommend that, as well as Liberty, you try John Lewis on Oxford Street.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 05:30 AM
Lanny Morry

There are many excellent yarn shops in London. My personal two favourites are John Lewis and Selfridges. As others note John Lewis also has a diverse selection of tapestry kits, and their dress fabric and upholstery fabric section is unparallelled in London.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 08:17 AM
valuent

thank you so much for the help everyone!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 03:41 PM
mo

Valuent are you just interested in yard or needlepoint canvas'. I agree with everyone suggesting Liberty but if you are interested in needlepoint check out Ehrman Tapestry. You can buy there stuff here in the US its just less expensive in the UK. I believe it is off of Church street which is off High Kensington. My memory isn't as good as others. To bad you won't be going in January when they have a big sale. Good Luck

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 03:29 AM
moppet

knit

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 07:43 AM
"Which city..."

ttt to block!