Reload this Page >

Xmas in Paris with my 7 year old daughter

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 04:21 PM
Mickey Ross

Does anyone have any suggestions for activities in PAris 12/24 - 12/27 (yes Christmas) that would be of great interest to my 7 year old daughter? How about restaurant suggestions as well/ Many thanks for your help. <BR> <BR>Mickey Ross

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 05:10 PM
M.E.

Hi, Mickey. "Elvira" had a great suggestion on another post (you might wish to try a search). She mentioned that there is free ice skating at the Hotel de Ville (a nominal charge for skates), and from what I've been reading there will be other Christmasy things at that same location. What a great gift to give your daughter. Enjoy!

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 05:55 AM
missy

We were in Paris with our 6.5 year old daughter for Thanksgiving and she loved the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay. She also would recommend going to the top of the Eiffel Tower. You will just catch the last few days of the Tower sparkling at night - you might want to eat at the Trocadero one night and watch the light show as you eat - great fun. There was also a 2 story carosel right across the street from the tower that my daughter loved. If you are near the department store Samaritie check out the windows all decorated for Christmas. I am jealous - you should have a fabulous time!

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 06:01 AM
missy

Forgot a few things! My daughter loved climbing up to the bell tower at Notre Dame. She had us take a whole roll of film of the gargoyles. She also enjoyed the Musee d'armee with it's great collection of armour. Hope this helps!

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 10:14 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>Dear Mr Ross, <BR> <BR>On Thursday 20 December the web site http://www.pariscope.fr will show you what's open in Paris at that time. It's in French, but not hard to follow. The sections to intersst you are enfants, musees and expositions, and if there's a rubric for jardins you should try that too. You can buy the listings magazine Pariscope for 7 francs at your arrival airport or railway station in Paris, or at any news kiosk. <BR> <BR>I have on disc a note on Paris for children, derived from Fodors correspondence, and am appending it to the e-mail version of this message. I'll try to warn you when items are probably summer only. <BR> <BR>Please write if I can help further. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR>

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 11:32 AM
Diane

When out shopping, have lunch at the Cafe Flo in the Printemps. It has a huge, domed stained-glass ceiling. The staff is mostly young people who speak multiple languages. I think you and your daughter would enjoy it very much.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 07:53 PM
kathryn

Hot chocolate and pastry at Angelina's on Rue de Rivoli--the best hot chocolate we've had!

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 03:38 AM
Tracy

Hi Mickey, <BR> <BR>You guys are going to have a blast! Check out the Barbie Christmas windows at Samaritaine: <BR> <BR>http://www.metropoleparis.com/2000/550/550scen2.html <BR> <BR>This webpage also has a useful roundup of Christmas markets, events, and other details like merry-go-rounds are free for kids . . . <BR> <BR>Also I'd recommend to wrap up very warm and whenever energy levels start to flag, just pop into a bar or cafe for a quick chocolate chaud. (Make that a vin chaud for the adults.) I've never had a bad hot chocolate in Paris! <BR> <BR>And stick with cafe and brasserie food, there will always be a hamburger version kids will like, even if the garnishes are a bit different . . . <BR> <BR>Have fun & let us know what you get up to!