Worst hotel in Paris?

Dec 4th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Deb

Worst hotel in Paris?

Just curious, as we are trying a new hotel in the 7th in a few weeks- What is the worst hotel you have stayed in in Paris? What were the problems?

Dec 4th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Moonbeam

Never stayed at a bad one yet. But I do do my research.

Hope you have.

Dec 4th, 2002, 04:48 PM
sandra

Hotel Du Seine 6th District too disgusting for words 3*'s 185 euro a night . Good location terrible hotel from h*ll

Dec 4th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Skidoo

Why bother--please

Dec 4th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Jennifer

Sandra, what was so awful about it? I've never stayed there, but I'm curious to hear specifics.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Dec 4th, 2002, 09:34 PM
ann

ttt - hoping for an explanation from Sandra re: Hotel de Seine. Please share with us what was terrible about this hotel. It will help others who are considering it.

Dec 5th, 2002, 05:00 AM
sandra

I have actually answered this on another thread identical to this, but here goes.

I had a reservation there for 13 days this summer. My reservation had been made in february where I had been confirmed our room had Air Conditioning, this for medical reasons, as my Mother is a savere asmatic and needs filtered air. Also for the point the hotel is off Rue Buci, which is very loud and sleeping is impossible.
Upon arrival to the hotel the confirmed rate was higher, about 20 euros per night. Even with written confirmation we were charged higher rate as clerk told us they didn;t realize when I made reservation it was week of French Open.
This is qualified as 3* hotel , early check in we were guaranteed for 9am room not ready. When brought to room it was filthy, the bathroom ceiling was moldy, the bedspread had something stuck to it and there was no a/c. I went downstairs to ask about a/c and was handed a fan.
Housekeeping refused to honor the Do NOt Disturb sign and barged in when ever they wanted as they had to do their job. Which besides stealing from our luggage I can't figure out what they did. The heat in our 4th floor room was terrible as the temp went from 40f to 90f in our room.
Sleeping was impossible as the noise from rue buci came up into our room as we had to keep windows open. The night desk clerk would look the door and go off into the office to sleep sometimes not opening door for customers for more then an hour. Whilst We had to listen to them bang on door , one night it was so bad I actually went downstairs and let people in.
We actually cut our time in Paris short and went down to Cannes early. Due to open there were no rooms available with A/C anywhere in Paris. We tried to make best of it but it ruined our annual trip.
People say oh you only spend a short amount of time in your room but it is the most important time , when you sleep and if you must face each day exhausted, or lose a day so you can catch upo on your sleep then the room is important.
In this hotel if you receve a fax they just taped itto the counter for all to see, there was a faxf rom a famous Director Ismail MErchant who lives here in CT and Paris. THe fax was to an arriving guest it read " John I am terrible sorry to have sent you to this hotel . We have made new reservations for you at hote;l around corner. Please forgive us." If only Ismail had sentme that fax. Also all of Merchants persoanl info was displayed to the world address telephone .
This hotel is just a real dump.

Dec 5th, 2002, 05:19 AM
ann

Sandra, that was a terrible experience! Thank you for sharing it with us. I was really interested in staying there as the location is so central. Why anyone else would stay there is unbelievable. I cannot believe how the desk staff can post faxes in public view. I did read in one of the hotel guides that Ismail Merchant stayed there, however, from what you observed, it was probably reported by the hotel to the guide so that it would appear to be this really great place where even celebrities stay. But no one knew that this director actually hated the place-must have made the same mistake as you did by thinking it was a great hotel but found it was a dump. There are better hotels just around the same area.

Dec 5th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Jennifer

185 Euros a night?!? I've stayed in hotels for $50. a night in Paris that were quite lovely!

I'm so sorry to hear of your experiences, Sandra, but I'm very glad you shared them.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Dec 5th, 2002, 05:57 PM
huh?

PLEASE Jennifer, where are these hotels at 10 and lovly, names, please.

Dec 6th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Deb

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Kensington? It is charging us 60euros for a double. Any info will be appreciated.