Worried about Late planning

Oct 2nd, 2000, 03:23 PM
Robert

Worried about Late planning

My new wife and I are traveling to Amsterdam in less than 3 weeks. Should I be worried about not having made accomodation reservations or can I just wing it after the first couple nights. We will be there for 2 weeks.
I have recieved several offers on the net from private individuals offering accomadations in their house/apartment. Anyone have any advice?

Oct 2nd, 2000, 04:19 PM
Richard

Wing it! We make reservations for the first and last nights only and have yet to sleep on our mode of travel, bicycles. Stay with locals when you can, a great opportunity.

Oct 3rd, 2000, 11:51 AM
Tim

I would avoid staying with someone you haven't met. By all means, arrange to have dinner, and get to know these people. Maybe near the end of your trip, you'll feel comfortable enough to accept their offer. Until then, I would use caution.

Oct 3rd, 2000, 12:29 PM
Art

I stay in private homes/apartments whenever I can. I've never been disapointed yet, especially in the Netherlands.

Oct 3rd, 2000, 01:38 PM
Jeff

Robert: Just a word of caution: When I went to the Netherlands in May, we could not find reservations in Amsterdam (for a reasonable price) even with advance planning. So be careful about winging it.