Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Woo Hoo Woo Hoo!!! Less than 3 days left!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:23 AM
Kavey

Getting sooooo excited about my Normandy trip on Friday (25th May 2001) that I had to share the excitement and let off steam!!! <BR> <BR>Are any other Fodorites going to be in Normandy over this weekend? <BR> <BR>Fodors tell me they have posted pins out but I wont get mine here in the UK by this weekend, so I will be anonymous from my Fodors friends for one more trip. <BR> <BR>Have lots of advice from this forum ready for the trip but if anyone has any extra advice please post... <BR> <BR>(Or feel free to just join in the general WOO HOO WOO HOO ing) <BR> <BR>Will try and keep notes on places visited, restaurants, prices etc for a report on my return... <BR> <BR>love <BR>Kavey

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:29 AM
Ess

Yay Kavey!! Woo Hoo Hoo!!! I know just how you feel! We leave Friday night for France. We won't be in Normandy, we're going to Loire area. Last week I was truly beside myself. This week I have so much to do at my job and finishing my school semester that I can't even think about Friday night. I have no idea what I'm going to pack. I'll probably forget all my notes. But I don't care. It's always like this for me. Last minute, we dash out the door and we're free! Woo Hoo!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:32 AM
Rex

Bon voyage, Kavey... <BR> <BR>Last minute advice - - the castle ruins (Chateau Gaillard) of Richard the Lionhearted at Les Andelys - - a worthwhile stop for an hour or so. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:20 AM
Nancy

Woo Hoo Woo Hoo!!! I leave for Amsterdam on Thursday!!!! We have been packed since Saturday ~ one carry one & one tote for each of us. I have never traveled so far for so long with so little!! I take more than this with me to DisneyWorld!! <BR> <BR>Thanks to everyone on this site that has given tips & information. I couldn't have planned this trip without ya'll.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:55 AM
Kavey

Thank you fellow Woo Hoo-ers for your well wishes... <BR> <BR>Rex many thanks for your advice, I have the Andelys villages on my itinerary already but its good to hear a personal recommendation as I picked these to visit from a guidebook... and they are never as good as 1st person advice... <BR> <BR>Rex if you want to comment on my itinerary I did a recent post of my plans, if you search under Normandy it would probably come up... <BR> <BR>Woooo Hooooooooooo!!! <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>PS Better log off quick, I am at work, its not my lunch hour, I shouldnt be posting!!!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 07:38 AM
debbie

Kavey, Kavey! I am back and planning an October trip to Croatia and Italy (yea Italia!) Just caught your site before clicking on for Croatia. Ever been there? Looking at Dalmation coast to Dubrovnick then Venice and finally a few days in London. How have you been? All well here. Enjoy Normandy! We just loved France, especially that I could speak Italian!!!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:36 AM
Kavey

Ciao Debbie! <BR>Long time no e-speak! <BR>Haven't been to Croatia but it looks wonderful, we feature it in our brochures (I work for a tour operator). <BR> <BR>If you go do feed back to the site and let us know what it was like. <BR> <BR>I have been quite literally sitting here this afternoon and Woo Hooing to myself, and every now and then they escape and I do it out loud. <BR> <BR>I am training Access tomorrow so I should calm down... <BR> <BR>Any one else have any extra Normandy tips? <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:37 AM
sharon

kavey! <BR>long time no see... woohoo! enjoy your trip. what are your stateside dates? we might be in italy... friends just invited us july 7 - 14. we need to talk when you get back... woo hoo! <BR>sharon

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:37 AM
Kavey

Sorry, I will stop posting on this thread soon I promise but message for Ess <BR> <BR>I had a wonderful trip to Loire a couple years back, and we enjoyed some lovely days. You can find my Loire Dairy if you do a search for Kavey Loire or some thing liken that... Hope some of it helps... <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:41 AM
Kavey

Sharon I think we just cross posted... <BR> <BR>I am in San Francisco July 21st for a week though we are in SF only for the nights of 21st, 22nd, 26th and 27th. <BR> <BR>Rest 3 nights we are in Healdsburg... <BR> <BR>Cannot wait... and especially to see my sister. Havent seen her since Feb and am missing her a lot. <BR> <BR>Before that we are off to namibia and botswana for 2 and a bit weeks... June 15th. <BR> <BR>I do have a job btw, but happen to be taking nearly all my annual leave in these 3 months this year. <BR> <BR>I'll drop you a mail when I get back from France to arrange a meet up in SF. <BR> <BR>I have stated an open offer to ANY other Fodorite friends coming to London who want to meet up for lunch or dinner but havent had any other takers, but really enjoyed meeting up with Tim and you.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:07 AM
Ess

Thanks, Kavey, I'll look for that thread. Have a great time on your trip! The weather looks like it's going to be good.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 10:14 AM
Thyra

Kavey... ok for once I am glad we are communicating electronically and not face to face, since you would undoubtedly notice my green GREEN face.... <BR>Bon Voyage!!! Have a wonderful time, eat lots of fun food and post a report when you return! <BR>

Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:59 PM
Kavey

But Thyra... <BR> <BR>If I noticed your green face I would simply assume you were a visitor to our World on holiday from another part of the galaxy and look out for your Fodorite pin on your lapel... <BR> <BR>That assuming your physiology was similar enough to ours that you could wear clothes with a lapel... <BR> <BR>All my christmases are certainly coming at once this spring/ summer but I will really notice the lack of leave for the rest of my holiday year which runs to end April 2002. I have saved 4 days for February time though to give me an excuse to visit this forum and plan another trip!!! <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 03:49 AM
Gigi

Woo Hooo to You, Kavey!!! Have a fabuous trip! I am dying to go to Botswana. Can't wait to read your trip report! <BR>Happy, happy, safe travels, Kavey! <BR>Gigi <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:26 AM
Kavey

Thanks all... <BR>I read that some of of you are getting your pins already... shame I wont get mine in time for Normandy... <BR> <BR>But I dont think anyone here is in Normandy this weekend are they??? <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>PS Woooo Hooooooooooo........!