Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

within Turkey airline travel - Atlas and Pegasus

Sep 13th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone had experience purchasing tickets for flights within Turkey from abroad? I'm specifically curious about experience with Pegasus and Atlas - I'm looking at buying tickets roundtrip from Istanbul to Izmir, and would love to get them reliably settled before we leave for Turkey in early October. Wondering about reliability, assistance if problems arise, etc, if reservations are made without a travel agent. (And by someone who doesn't speak Turkish!)

Thanks for any information!
Sep 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM

I purchased tickets from Pegasus and had no problems. In fact, they were non-refundable or exchangeable, and I made a mistake. I realized it as soon as I purchased them and they were kind enough to cancel the purchase and allow me to rectify the error.
Sep 13th, 2010, 10:29 AM

I forgot to add that we used Onur Air to go from Istanbul to Izmir. It was cheaper, and definitely more convenient than Pegasus (we flew Pegasus from Kayseri to Istanbul) because it flew out of Ataturk airport rather than the one on the Asian side of the city.
Sep 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM

I used Sun Express between Istanbul (Ataturk) and Izmir and found them to be great. Very good onboard service. My booking was done by a local agent (Murat on this board) and the fare was very good.
Sep 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM

I bought tickets about a year ago from the US on Atlas between Antalya and Istanbul. I bought them on cheapoair. For some reason that I can't remember at the moment I wasn't confident that we really had a reservation, but as it turned out, we did and Atlas was excellent. The price was excellent. I wouldn't worry about not speaking Turkish; our experience was the everyone speaks English!
Sep 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM

We flew from Istanbul to Cappadocia for $80US each on Turkish Airlines. You might want to check their fares if you haven't already.