Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Will I be able to visit London again within 6 weeks?(Beth A)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Beth Anderson

Just Beth again everyone.<BR><BR>I'm thinking of going back to London again very shortly but I a couple I had dinner with last night but one assure me no one can return to England after having left there so soon unless they are a UK citizen. Does this sound right?<BR><BR>I'm desperate to get some more cool stuff for home. I saw some tacky china bulldog book ends that would look fabulous back here.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Leigh

I don't think your friends are correct. I once spaced two trips to the UK about 4 weeks apart, and didn't encounter any trouble. However, the safest thing to do is call the British Embassy in D.C. to be sure.<BR><BR>I know a few people in the UK who are living there basically as tourists. They're not working illegally (they've saved to spend a few years wandering around Europe, and use England as a base). Once their visa is about to expire, they leave the UK for at least one day. Even if they just go to France for the day, a whole new cycle kicks in for a new stay (not sure if it's 3 or 6 months).

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:37 AM
James

The original poster was not Beth Anderson. Someone is making fun of her.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:48 AM
TROLL

If this were Beth she would know the answer to this.<BR>This is a stinky TROLL~

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:13 AM
friend

Those of you who have that cutting edge software that is capable of identifying the source of postings will know, if you take the trouble to check, that that's not Beth Anderson posting up there, and will know just who that really is who'd fraudulently posting under Beth's name. Give this creep a rope long enough to hang itself, and make sure you keep a record of the results of the search. The next victim could be you, so let's all work together on this.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 12:47 PM
anon

Good Gawd'l mighty! <BR><BR>Will you guys leave poor beleaguered Beth alone already. I am one of her (personal) friends and I happen to know she is still on a plane home to the US right this minute - kinda scary that the illiterate creep KNEW that? wouldn't cha say? is this person living vicariously through her? get a life bozo - stalker alert! <BR><BR>I also happen to know that she's been to Europe at least a couple dozen times, minimum - my guess is she would know which end is up already. <BR><BR>come on, if you are going to impersonate her, at least learn the English language. She is far too educated to have such poor grammar. yikes.<BR><BR>and - you didn't even get her email right. <BR><BR>nice try though, but isn't Mummy calling you for dinner?<BR><BR>woof!!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 12:59 PM
calm

I've enjoyed Beth's posts, but found this fake post quite funny. Beth's posts are upbeat and earnest. This parody is too. I was tricked, but then had to laugh at it. I hope Beth can even see some humor in it. Lighten up!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:05 PM
cutting

Personally I would like to hear more about this software that Beth's "friend" alluded to. Sorry, but when using a computer at a company that employs thousands with employee numbers as identifiers, I find it funny that someone would think they could identify the specific user...don't know who you were trying to dupe...or maybe you were duped...

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM
anon

cutting edge - what are you doing on fodors on company time? <BR><BR>and so much so that you know this whole saga - enough to click on the identifier?<BR><BR>and yes, you can figure out the who/what/wheres of a posting. don't you work in IT?<BR><BR>o trust me, your very own company is watching you. <BR><BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:17 PM
cutting

Sorry, anon, but I own my company and can do as I please...

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:46 PM
xxx

Cutting: Believe it or not, not everyone posts from work, and not all those who post from work are employees, and not all workplaces have large numbers of employees. It is fairly easy to trace posts coming from a computer used in a home-based business.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:09 PM
will

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Carol

Get back to work-all of you.