Reload this Page >

why switzerland?

Search

why switzerland?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 09:26 AM
megan

why switzerland?

1 what is the best thing about visiting switzerland 2 is it a place where u can bring childern ages 14-17 #3 what makes switzerland a must over the other countries

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Al Godon

A few years ago when Joe Frank Harris was the govenor of Georgia, Lewis Grizzard made the comment that Joe Frank looked at you like an old yard dog. A reader wrote in and wanted to know what a yard dog was.<BR>Lewis wrote back and said "If I have to explain it, you will not understand it."<BR><BR>The same is true of Switzerland. If I have to explain it, you probably will not understand it.<BR><BR>But for me it is the mountains and the mountain culture; particularly those gorgous ranges and valleys between Interlaken and the Valley of the Rhone, and those between the Rhone and Italy. And if that does not suffice, then we are back to talking about yard dogs.<BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Corry

Switzerland was one of the most beautiful places I was able to visit when I travelled throughout Europe. Its beauty is undeniable and the quaint villages will entice even a young child. I remember seeing the split of cultures in Basel, french and swiss combined. You get the flavor of France without needing to go there. I remember sitting along the waterside watching baby ducks and swans enliven the water while eating my delicious lunch of cheese and fresh bread. All of switzerland is a mix of quaint villages descript in old country style, where little houses adorn the cornocopia of meadows sitting below vast snow peaked mountains. The contrast is amazing.. You can find the best little pensions on little farms with walking paths that take you through an exotic mountain path into the town below. Modern in all respects, and one of the most beautiful places I have ever been out of 24 countries.. A must see. Interlocken, Bern, Basel, you name it, they are all quickly accessible.. You can see so much in a short amount of time.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 09:51 AM
TROLL

MEGAN IS A TROLL.....FRANCE/GREECE/SARAH =ALL MEGAN

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 09:53 AM
bettyk

Megan, do a search on www.google.com on Switzerland and start reading about the country and looking at the pretty pictures. Maybe then you will see why many people are totally in love and in awe of Switzerland!<BR><BR>Here's one to get you started: http://www.switzerlandtourism.ch/

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Rex

See also www.twenj.net - - and ignore the rudeness of someone calling you a "troll".<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:42 AM

to the top<BR>