Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Why don't we list all the useful web addresses we use for travel in one place? Here!

Search

Why don't we list all the useful web addresses we use for travel in one place? Here!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Marion

I've come across so many fantastic websites when reading through these posts, but which I then never write down or remember - that I think that it would make sense if we all put our favourites in one place. We could then use it as a sort of 'directory'. What do you think?<BR><BR>Anyone want to start??<BR><BR>

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 09:33 AM
wes fowler

At one time in the not too distant past I had an index of over 230 travel related websites to which I referred. Sorted by country, city, region, area of interest, the index was invaluable but labor intensive to maintain. With the recent introduction of the website www.ilor.com I've no need for an index. A quick search on ilor gets me what I want in seconds. Interestingly enough, using ilor I've found travel narratives from contributors to this forum, Monica Pileggi and Doug Gluhwein, among others.<BR><BR>For example: interested in accommodations in Steingaden, the small Bavarian town in which Wieskirche is situated? Go to www.ilor.com and type in Steingaden and see what you get and how fast you get it!

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Marilyn

I think this site, Frommer's and Rick Steves are among the best. I'd like to have Wes' listing. Marilyn

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 08:44 PM
MaryC

Wes - brilliant! Thanks

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 03:11 AM
egg

Try http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SMilne6/tour.htm<BR><BR>It includes, travel information, food and drink, accommodation etc.