Reload this Page >

Who needs help for Vienna?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 03:05 AM
Silvia Rotheimer

If somebody needs help for Vienna I am living there. I also can help with Munich and Budapest. <BR>Fall-regards from Lower Austria <BR>Silvia

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 04:15 AM
Kathy

Hello Silvia - I could use a little help. Have you ever heard of a company called Viennawalks? Someone told me that they offer walking tours in English, but i haven't been able to find them in the guidebooks. Also, which is the best Christmas market. My sister and i will be in Vienna in early December - we are staying at the hotel de France. Thank you for your help.

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 08:54 PM
Renee

My husband and I will take a second honeymoon in Europe. (First honeymoon in California and bought a house - promised ourselves we would go to Europe as soon as we had enough miles for free tickets). <BR>We will be there Dec 19-22, then Salzburg, then Innsbruck, then Paris. <BR>We would love information on romantic and/or fun things to do. We are very adventurous and love anything interesting. We love music (unfortunately, the Vienna Boys' Choir will not sing while we are there). We don't have a lot of money, but are willing to go a little into debt as long as credit cards are accepted. We won't be able to do this again, so we want to live it up now. <BR>Thank you so much!

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 09:40 PM
Lori

I'd love any recomendations on a romatic get away for the winter season, imagining snow, near a smaller town/village, preferably with accomodations that have fireplaces in the rooms, could be in the general vicinity of Munich or in Austria, we're flexible

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 03:58 PM
don

Perhaps you could help with choosing a pension. I am looking at two inexpensive ones, but can't find much on them. One is the Pension Alt Wien, on Rotemturnstrasse, and the other is Pension Stadtpark on Langstrasse Haupstrasse.Do you know them? <BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Tom Nix

Hello Silvia, <BR> <BR>My Wife and I are staying in Vienna a few days next week. We are hoping to rent a car on Saturday and drive out in the country to some destination that we can do a bit of sight seeing and have a nice meal and accommodations. I think Salzburg may be to far away and suggestions on a two to three hour scenic drive to spend the night? Thank you in advance for your offer to help. <BR> <BR>Tom Nix <BR>

Old Nov 23rd, 2000, 07:23 PM
Rita

We were in Vienna for 5 days in October and stayed at the Pension Neurer Markt. Excellent locatio, just off the Kartnerstrasse and close to Stephensdom. Nice rooms and VERY quiet. We really enjoyed Vienna and found it great to just walk the streets of the city enjoying

Old Nov 23rd, 2000, 07:31 PM
Rita

oops, got cut off there. We enjoyed just walking and wandering the city streets enjoying the buildings, relaxing in a cafe and great people watching and window shopping. Try to get into a performance at the opera. Tickets are actually quite reasonable. Sound and production is unreal. It is a great city.

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 10:28 AM
Tamara

Silvia, my fiance and I marry in March and would love to honeymoon in Austria. We are looking for someplace very mountainesque, but will romantic appeal i.e. cabins w/fireplace etc... Do you have any comments or suggestions. Thanks!!

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 05:52 PM
izzy

My wife and I will be in Vienna for a day and half at the end of January with our 15 month old daughter. We've never been but I'm looking for things to do that will allow us to see as much as possible while keeping her active. I'm thinking of Schoenbrun and the Zoo for the morning and just walking around the Ring in the afternoon. I want to visit a coffee house as well. We'll be attending a Ball at the Palais Schwarzenberg in the evening. Can you recommend a 1-day itinerary?

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 02:52 PM
Arin

Hello, <BR>I think you may be able to answer my question. I am flying into Munich, but my destination is Vienna. What are prices like for the trains from Munich to Vienna, and which line should I take and which ones not. Any type of advice regarding this issue would be very helpful.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 06:41 AM
Linda

Arin, check the German rail site at http://bahn.hafas.de for all the information you need on trains to Vienna, but use Wien & Munchen for Vienna and Munich.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 01:06 PM
Linda P

Hi Sylvia, We will be in Vienna April6-7-8 Would love to attend High Mass in the Augustinerkirche on 4/8. Do you know what time the Mass is celebrated and how difficult is it to get in ? Are tickets needed. Also is the opera sitll in season at that time ? Thank you so much for any help you can give us !

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 02:05 PM
Gloria

Hi, Silvia <BR>We are going to be in Vienna in March and are pursuing Opera tickets as well. <BR>I am sure the Opera is still in Season. Most are throughout April. <BR>The website for the Weiner Staatsoper is www.wiener-staatsoper.at <BR>And another helpful site is <BR>http://info.wien.at/index_e.html <BR>You'll find information on the other concert halls there as well. We tried purchasing tickets through the Weiner Staatsoper directly, and have had a challenging time despite many emails, and faxes. <BR>Info at Wein, directed us to this company: <BR>Sigrid Wippel, email address: [email protected] <BR>They have been excellent with their advice and have good tickets. <BR>I know the opera sells out and tickets may be difficult to get. I would book now. <BR>I hope this helps! <BR>Gloria

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 07:00 PM
Eileen

We are staying at the ANA hotel in April and bringing mom who needs a wheelchair to get around. Do you know it at all? Would you know or know someone who has advice for someone who needs to use a wheelchair to get around? I am concerned the cobblestone streets will be too difficult to navigate. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Eileen

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 06:40 AM
Hoppy

Sylvia: Yes: We're coming in early May. How about personal insights we would not get in Fodors. Recommendations for hotel, restaurants? Weather situation?

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Hoppy

Sylvia...we're coming in early May and have lots of questions: <BR>1. Suggestions for nice hotel centrally locally aprox $100 per night? Parking? <BR>2. Where do we get the tix for streetcars? Bus? <BR>3. Want to drive West to lake district then to Italy. Will the roads over the mountains be open? <BR>4. Suggested moderate priced restaurants? <BR>Thankx, Hoppy <BR>[email protected] <BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Carol

Is it possible to hear the Vienna Boy's Choir?

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 03:47 PM
michael

silvia, your message was very timely and right on point. just today i booked a trip for my wife and i for her 50th birthday. we are flying into budapest on oct 1 and flying out of munich on oct 10. planning on stopping in vienna. need help on accomodations, places to see, restaurants and anything else in all of these cities. any suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated. looking forward to your response.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Sabina Grinling

Am bringing my spritely mother to Vienna for Christmas. Will be our first visit. I've done quite well so far with accommodation, ballet and a few other things but am completely stuck on a venue for Christmas Eve that will not charge the earth. We're not heavy eaters or drinkers and to pay more for a meal than for the ballet hurts! Still, we would like something nice, somewhere nice, and Christmassy! Hotels seem too much and it's too big a job to ring all the restaurants to see what they have to offer.<BR>Any ideas? I would be grateful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -