Who is familiar with Perivolas?

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is familiar with Perivolas?

As I mentioned in a previous post I am interested in staying here in June 2006. They have quoted me a rate of a Studio for 448 Euros, but state that the only accomodations they have with 2 beds are a Junior Suite at 524 Euros or a Superior Suite. I am traveling with a friend, so we need 2 beds. Does Perivolas have a mostly honeymoonish-feeling? I LOVE their website and find that their decor looks so much more beautiful than any of the other hotels websites that I have viewed in Santorini. But is it worth $300 US per person per night? Any thoughts would be appreciated! Maybe as two 30-ish women Perivolas might not be the best place for us?
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Topping
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM

You might try searching under brotherleelove (I think that is his name at least, might have a "2004" on the end of it). He is THE expert on Santorini here, and he wrote a long post about various hotels/suites in June 2005. I'll see if I can find it and top it for you.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM

Excerpts from Brotherleelove2004's post

"The "Big Four," Perivolas, Oia Mare, Katikies and Esperas, all offer fantastic settings and amenities. If it's exclusivity you want then these are the ones to consider along with one extra-special find I'll mention further on. The views differ, with the Esperas and the Oia Mare being situated to take advantage of the sunset (for this the Esperas is best), while the Perivolas and Katikies properties overlook the caldera and the rest of the island. Perivolas, Esperas and Katikies all offer on-site boutique restaurant experiences, but at a high premium. If you want to be pampered then these are the hotels for you. If you want the option of never having to leave the premises then they will satisfy your need for anonymity. Katikies even went so far as to not allow me to take photos to protect their guests' privacy.

Before I go on I have to digress a moment and mention the Perivolas Villas top accomodation, the Perivolas Suite. "STUNNING" is the word that comes to mind. At 1400 Euros/night during Peak Season it's obviously not for everyone, but for those of you looking for an extra-special setting where price is no object, this is the one for you. It's remarkable, and no doubt the largest suite in the village, easily surpassing 1200 sq.ft in size, with its own private infinity pool. This hotel has been developed with obsessive attention to detail, artistic flair and pride in accomplishment by a very creative family of designers and artists. The results are truly wonderful."

I also topped his post for you
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Original Poster

I have found many of Brotherleelove2004's posts helpful, thanks!!