Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Who has stayed at Hotel Aubusson in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 12:57 PM
Steve and Edye

We are thinking of staying here for 5 nights in Oct. My travel agent can't tell me anything, but I bet someone on the forum can! We are used to very nice accomodations, but don't want a big hotel this time. Getting away from our little kids for a few days, want the amenities of upper middle class lifestyle. Have visted Paris before, but was 10 years ago. A good choice or others to consider? Thanks!

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 04:35 AM
patty

My husband and I stayed at the Aubusson for five nights in March. We loved it, the room we had was extremely comfortable, big bed, high ceiling, beautiful, clean bathroom (with half a shower stall though!) The room was extremely quiet. Breakfast was good, although we thought overpriced for what you get, so only had breakfast once at the hotel. There are many cafes in the area and never had a problem finding one. The lounge area was beautiful like being in your rich uncle's manor in the country. There was a fire lit each evening. The breakfast room, right next door is very elegant and comfortable also. Staff very helpful. I can't say enough of the area. Perfect! Close to the right bank and St. Louis isle, shopping, etc. We enjoyed a restaurant by the name of Rotisserie d' la oops I forgot the rest of it, but it is right on rue Christine, 1/2 a block away... good food, great desserts. Skip le tango on the same block.. the best appetizer I have ever had but the worst entree I ever had. You can't go wrong with the Aubusson. Have a great time. <BR>Patty

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 04:40 AM
Patrick

The restaurant on Rue Christine that Patty is speaking of is Rotisserie d'en Face ---Excellent. If you like roast duck have it here (or go for the chicken if you must.)

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 04:47 AM
Steve and Edye

Thanks for info. The other hotel we had considered is the Regina on Right Bank. Any comments on this one?

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 05:34 AM
Carol

The Regina is a beautiful hotel, opulently decorated in Art Nouveau style. Unlike the Aubusson, it's a typical formal very elegant Right Bank hotel.

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 10:56 AM
Edye

Carol: Looks like you are an expert on Paris - your comments are all over the Forum. Would you contact me by email to further discuss my hotel decision? I would be very grateful!! Thanks