white nights

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Ann

white nights

Does Iceland have times of the year where there is no darkness? If so, do you know when this is? I've been looking on internet for info and can't seem to find the answer, appreciate the help.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Ann

found the answer...in case anyone wants to know:
June-August when there is nearly 24 hours of perpetual daylight (Icelanders call this period the 'White Nights')

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Geoff

I would even say in late May when I've been in Reykjavik it's little more than dusk that happens late at night for a couple of hours. Just remember it's just the opposite in winter. Makes for some cozy long nights. ;-)

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Ann

Thank you Geoff, I'm excited now, booked for the 15th of May,,,,little early but hope I get to experience the white nights.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:45 AM
sylvia

I've been to Iceland in June. The sun just popped down below the horizon and then popped up again like somebody doing a curtsey. You may not get much sleep because the birds don't seem to go to bed at all and keep calling all night.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:32 PM
RICH

Hi Ann

Wow I also leave for iceland on May 15 2002 for South Iceland Adventures. I leave from Boston ON Air Iceland .Please get back to me and tell me if this is your flight or maybe meet up in Iceland I am at hotel Loftlander.Have a great time.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Debbie

Rich-We'll be in Iceland first week in June-staying at Hotel Loftledier-would be interested in your comments about the hotel and it's proximity to downtown Reykjavik. Iceland comments in general also appreciated. Have a great trip!