Notices

White Cliffs of Dover

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 06:44 PM
Sara

White Cliffs of Dover

Are the White Cliffs of Dover easily accessable? I am taking a trip in June and would like to visit Dover in a day trip from London. Is it worth it? Thanks for the advice.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 02:21 AM
Lydia

Sara - yes, the white cliffs are very easy to access. Take the train to Dover - anybody will be able to tell you how to get to them. Best view is from the sea, though. Don't miss Caterbury on the way - go see the Canterbury Tales - a must-see as far as I am concerned.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 07:43 AM
arjay

If you go to Dover, the castle there is among the best preserved - quite fascinating to walk thru the ruins. Also, there's a most interesting museum - WWII hospital carved within the cliffs.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 12:28 PM
Thomas Nastos

I confirm previous replies. My wife and I got there, climbed around, photoed, and had a nice lunch up there in a cafe which we found acidently. It was in the winter time also. Very easy and worthwhile. Be sure to get the book, Britain by Britrail for more info.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 07:55 PM
Nigel Doran

Taking in Canterbury is a good idea, but if you want to do that and you are using the train, then break the journey on the way back to London as it is generally not possible to break journeys on the way out.
However, when you buy your tickets, always ask about terms of travel and restrictions etc. just to make sure.