Which wineries were the most special?

Apr 10th, 2002, 06:49 PM
mmh

Which wineries were the most special?

We plan to spend one day on 222 driving from Florence to Radda and a second day driving from Radda to Siena and back. We'd love to visit a couple of wineries each day; but, there are so many from which to choose. Can anyone suggest their favorites based on ambiance, wine, etc.? (We do have reservations at Brolio for the afternoon of the second day). Days 3 & 4 will be spent around Pienza. I'd love suggestions for that area as well.

Apr 10th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Vincenzo

I suggest to visit Fattoria Felsina in Castelnuovo Berardenga, nearby Siena.

Apr 11th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Sherry

Hi Vencenzo. Can you just drop in at this winery, or do you have to call first?

Apr 11th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Lorenz

When your at Brolio you can visit their other wine holding, Cachianno ( close spelling). Its only a few KM up the road from Brolio. Castello Vrolio is a nice tour with great views. The tatsing
room leaves a lot to be desired as its in their processing compound, a view of a asphalt parking lot. Cachianno has a more enjoyable room. And I found the tasting people to be much freindlier. Cachianno is another Castello , more fortress looking then Brolio, but great views. Watched a large family of wild hogs with piglets rooting around the hills one evening, also a great spot for Sunsets. Its the 1st or second highest hill in Chianti. The Osteria at Brolio has very good food & scenic setting. You may want to consider Fonterrutoli (spelling) in Castlenuovo.
Great wines. No matter yur choices, its all wondefull in Chianti. Also in Radda, Le Vigne, excellent food, Tuscan cuisine. La Dloce Vita !

Apr 11th, 2002, 11:38 AM
mmh

Thanks Lorenzo and Vin., Have you visited any of of 222 south of Florence, in the Greve or Radda areas?

Apr 11th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Sherry

I visited Verrazzano. I liked it very much. But I am looking to visit someplace different this time. They have a website for information.