Which tour, the 16E or the 10 E at the Secrest of the Doges palace tour

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

online booking the tour and there are 2 listed. the 10E has the abbrrvation R and and the other one has an I. Anyone know which one I should book?
And this is the one thing not to miss in venice, right? thanks!
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Gipsyali, I hope you get a response with the answer soon as I'm planning to take the same tour in April 2008. Would you mind sharing the website for the Secrets of the Doges Palace tours?

Grazie mille.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

http://www.teleart.org/itinerarisegr...tdate=20071013

The best way to find it is to search the chat forum for Venice, and folks chat about the best of it, and there a re a bunch of links in there. Just got my discounted train tickets and free basilica reservations, yahoo!
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
J62

Unless you are entitled to a reduced fare entry (R) (child under 12 maybe?) you need to book the full price ticket (16E).

You don't pay until you arrive anyway. You can purchase your tickets any time at the box office, then use them for entry at the time of the tour.

Old Oct 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Gipsy-you must only book the 16 Euro tour, that includes both the Palazzo Ducale and the Secret Itineraries Tour together-and yes, it is not to be missed-you will not truly get a sense of Venice's glorious history unless you spend time in the Doge's Palace, and particularly the Sala di Maggior Consiglio-one of the largest diplomatic reception rooms built in the world, filled with the mural by Tintoretto on one whole wall, and the vast ceiling frescoes by Veronese, -it is one of the most awesome sights I've ever seen, anywhere in the world.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

awesome, should I book online ahead or just purchase the day of or day before at box office?
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 09:00 AM

I think it's best to book ahead-I did, and then you don't have to wait in line, or wonder if you can get in on a particular date-don't know when you're traveling to Venice, but if it's high season (and anymore, there is very little low season in Venice-the tourist numbers are at something like 20 million visitors a year now in Venice-you can do the math) then you really do need to book in advance-advance booking here saves time and energy best spent on other things.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 09:09 AM
GBC

A visit should include the Palace although, for me, it would not be at the top of the list of things to see in Venus. Another idea would be to wait to purchase your tickets until you are there and have an idea of the weather forecast. Save it for a rainy day.