Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

which paris hotels have bathtubs w/ shower doors?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 09:02 PM
need help

This may seem silly but I've never gotten used to showering in a bathtub without a shower door...without showering the entire room! <BR>I'm considering hotels in the Rue Cler area--Muguet, Relais Bosquet, Tourville (all based on good reviews)--anyone have experience and can tell me if there's a shower door?

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 09:04 PM
Betsy

Shower door at the Muguet. Tiny shower, though.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 09:17 PM
Paris Tourist

Le Tourville does not have showers or shower curtains. The Meridien Monparnasse (14th) has nice shower curtains and the Marriott (8th) has separate showers in some of their bathrooms , but the Marriott is greatly over priced and they have a snotty staff.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:10 AM
Samuel

try these both little, charming hotels in the 7th arrondissement of paris : <BR> <BR>www.latour-maubourg.fr (***) <BR>www.hotelvaladon.com (**) <BR> <BR>Both a run by the same family, Mr & Mrs Orsenne. <BR> <BR>greetings <BR> <BR>Samuel <BR>

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:24 PM
xxx.xxx

derby hotel near Rue Cler does not have curtains or doors. <BR>I'm surprised the Tourville does not since it is a four start hotel!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:26 PM
Katherine

Relais Bosquet has a bathtub shower. I will stay there again.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:56 PM
John H

Does Le Tourville have bathtubs with a shower hose? or no shower option at all? <BR> <BR>john

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:21 PM
Lori

Our room at the Relais Bosquet this past April (a modernized one with a modernized bathroom did not have a shower door - but it had a brand new shower curtain!) Personally I like baths so it was of no concern anyway. My husband used the shower and had no problems. Incidentally, in our room #53) the toilet was not in with the tub/shower, sink etc. It was a regular WC arrangement with the toilet in it's own little room. Not a big deal.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:43 PM
StCirq

The very nice Hôtel Duquesne about a block from the Tourville has brand new marble bathrooms with veddy nice plexiglass doors.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:01 PM
mary

when we stayed at le tourville 2 years ago the tub had the shower hose but no door. ahh-but the night staff... <BR>we talked with him and what a life story he told us-very interesting.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:38 AM
Christina

I've stayed in several four-star hotels without showers or curtains because they were tubs, not shower. I presume that is what the Tourville has since the post didn't say they had showers without a curtain/door. Some people consider a tub to bet more luxurious than a modern shower; one of my recent hotels in France was a rather deluxe four-star place in Provence with a huge tile bathroom with bidet, large counter, hairdryer, huge stand-alone tub away from the wall, etc, but it did not have a shower door or curtain as it was not a shower--a spray handle attached to a short hose near the faucets on the tub doesn't make it a shower (it did have one of those) so you don't need a curtain or door. I've also recently stayed in a very nice 3-star without door or curtain for the same reason, only it had one of those sitting tubs, but that's not a shower.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 06:20 PM
Steve

This really isn't the question you asked but, I had the same problem as the original poster, but wife suggested turning water pressure up only half way, not as invigorating but the room stayed dry.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 12:23 AM
DeeInLB

I was fretting about the doorless showers before we left (and even asked in a post about it), but our hotel in Paris had a shower door! It was Hotel le Regent, a 3-star in the 6th.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 03:48 PM
Carl

Another post mentioned the Hotel Valadon. We just returned from a week's stay there. It is a nice hotel located in the heart of the Rue Cler area and close to the Metro. Although recently refurbished, the shower does not include a door or curtain. There is a small glass divider but open door to the rest of bathroom.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:27 AM
mucky

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:34 AM
k

Hotel D'Angleterre<BR>big swinging glass door

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:38 AM
xxx

Has shower curtain: Hotel Left Bank St. Germain

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Howard

Hotel des Grandes Ecoles fills the bill! You get a tub with shower doors.

Old Apr 4th, 2003, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found this when looking up a hotel in St. Germain area. Best Western Aux Ducs du Bourgogne has a wall shower in a bathtub with a swinging &quot;glass&quot; door. It dries fast if you swing it out from the tub. Citidines apts St.G. has the same. My question is-what hotels in the St.Germain area DO NOT have bidets? I know that they're very French but I would prefere to have the extra space. At the Ducs de B. they had not been replaced after modernization and we had a lot of room to hang our laundry. Thanks.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who cares!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -