Reload this Page >

Which one would you prefer....Easter time or in July to visit the Greek Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Rita

Dear all<BR><BR>My husband and me would love to visit the Greek Islands next year. We have been arguing in when to go there. We could only go during Easter time (17/4-28/4) or in summer next year. Will Easter time be full of people like summer? Will the hotel charge the peak rate? If we go in early July (10/7 - 25/7), will the situation be better off that in August time cos we don't want to have crowds of people around? Please advice.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 09:55 PM
xxx

It's a trade off. In July you will have hordes of tourists, but you will be able to swim and eat delicious ripe fruit. At Easter it will be too chilly for swimming, but lots less people.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Rita

Well, we are not keen in swimming, we just love to tour around and see the beautiful scenery. Anyway, thanks.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 10:57 PM
xxx

Then I'd go for Easter. It will be spring and beautiful, and less people.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 12:45 AM
Yiannis

Dear Rita,<BR><BR>If you decide to visit in Easter time, try to be here in Greece for the Greek Orthodox Easter (different days from Catholics). In April the weather will be great and since you don't care that much for swimming I wouldn't worry. The islands will be very quiet, except maybe the Easter Sunday weekend, which you don't mind since it's local's crowds for a weekend. Try to participate at the festivities for Easter, especially the Saturday night before Easter+ all day long Easter Sunday. What a great time to visit!<BR><BR>Yiannis

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 02:36 AM
Rob

Actually Greece become very crowded during Easter holidays. In 2003 one is April 20-21 and the Other April 27-28. Many Greeks come home not only from different parts of Greece but also from abroad. It is a nightmare to get out of Athens and then get on a plane to Athens and some businesses our closed. We found ourselves without dinners for two of those days. Hotels charge more at those times too. <BR>To answer your question Will Easter time be full of people like summer?<BR><BR>From what we observed, Yes<BR>If you can go the first part of April you won't have many people and the weather will be great for walking and visiting ancient sites but not for swimming<BR>Because of the crowds during Easter holidays you will probably have similar crowds in April and July.