Reload this Page >

Which of these 3 Paris Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 07:41 AM
stephanie

My Mom (59) sister (29) and I (34) are visiting Paris in November 2002. Yes, I plan WAY ahead! <BR> <BR>Anyhow, have narrowed hotels down to these 3:<BR>Grandes Ecoles <BR>Champ du Mars <BR>Jeanne d'Arc<BR> <BR>Have already read reviews on every site I can find. Want to know if anyone has stayed in a TRIPLE room at these? Also, how would you rank them for 3 women who want to be in a safe but nice part of Paris...and who want it to be quiet enough to get a decent night's sleep!<BR> <BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Steph<BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 10:07 AM
curt

Stephanie<BR>I will tell you what I know. Sadly, we have not used a TRIPLE room but do know two of the three hotels. Our double at Jeanne d'Arc was very large and it could have held another single bed with no problem, so I would assume the triples there (if they have them) would be adequest. We found the Champ du Mars to be just a bit "classier" then d'Arc but the double room was a bit smaller. As far as safe area, either one would be safe, but the location of the Champ du Mars would be the quieter of the two. It is in an area that becomes busy during the day but very quiet at night. Both are well located for access to the sights. Champ du Mars is of course very near the Eiffel tower, while d'Arc is in the Marais. We think both are great. You might also conside the Grand Hotel Leveque just around corner from Champ du Mars. We also found Leveque to be very good, but I do not know if they offer triple rooms. <BR><BR>Hope this is of a little help.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Surlok

Stephanie,<BR><BR>I haven't stayed at the Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc myself, but a friend have. She booked a quadruple room ( 2 double beds), and said the room was quite large and comfortable. She is familiar with the usual shoe box size of Parisian hotel rooms, and said that her room was really large, hence, I assume the triples should be, too.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 02:28 PM
JB

I stayed in a triple room at the Grandes Ecoles back in '97 with my mom and cousin and it was perfect...except for my mom's snoring that is!!! <BR><BR>It was the first time to Europe for the two of them, and the first time to Paris for all three of us. (I've since been back twice and am gearing up for the fourth time next month.) The hotel could not have been more quaint, it was a good price, nice management, and it's in a nice neighborhood that we felt safe in. Plus our room was adorable and quiet. I highly recommend it. <BR><BR>The only down side that I can think of (and this was minimal because we're walkers) is that it's not as convenient to a metro stop as, say, the Jeanne d'Arc is. But like I say, this never bothered us and might not bother you either. <BR><BR>However, that said, I also tried to get a room at the Jeanne d'Arc for my upcoming trip but they were full (going with a friend but want my own room this time and it's so cheap there!) so we're opting for the Hotel Saint Dominique over in the seventh by the Champ du Mars. So I can empathize with your choices as I've recently had the same considerations! The only reason the Grandes Ecoles lost out is that they don't give out lower prices for single rooms and we're spoiling ourselves and getting our own rooms. <BR><BR>Aaaaanyway, nice to hear somebody else plans as far in advance as I do! Here's to the planners out there, and good luck with whatever you choose!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Samuel

Check out the following website :<BR><BR>www.hotelvaladon.com<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>< BR>Samuel<BR>

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 08:36 AM
looking

Does anyone have the website for the Jean d'Arc? Thank you.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Lisa

Typed the hotel into google and got a link to myhotelinparis.com

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 01:07 PM
andrea

Lisa is right about Jeanne D'Arc's web info as they don't have thier own website.<BR><BR>It's not on a main street so it's pretty quiet, especially if you gewt one of the courtyard side rooms. It's off a very pretty square with a few good bistros right on & offf the square.<BR><BR>I have not stayed in a triple there, but in a double. And yes, the room was larger than other hotels.<BR><BR>Very safe area for women to stroll around in the evening. I've stayed in this area before and really like it. It's such a great, central location. <BR><BR>Enjoy wherever you decide!

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 01:10 PM
andrea

Oh, if you decide on Jeanne D'Arc, it's not too early too book a room there! I got lucky with a cancellation (I'm not the planning type!), and that's how I was able to stay there last April. They were already partially full for the fall months then!