Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which car rental location to pick up from in Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will pick up a car Monday morning in Florence. There are several choices of office locations--which are best? We're staying in the city itself and We'll need to head S to Siena. (returning car eventually to Pisa Airport to then train to CTerre). Please advise, thank you!
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:11 PM

We rented thru Autoeurope and picked our car up at Avis on a street that runs parallel to the Arno; it was easy to head west from there, toward Pisa and Lucca. Siena would be SW, so it should work well from there, also.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:39 PM
cc1

We booked through Avis - pick-up in Florence and drop off in Pisa. It was easy finding both airports and the pick-up and drop-off were easy too. Siena is beautiful!
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 06:24 PM

Ditto grandmere. Pick up and return your car in the city. I understand there's a 12% surcharge on the whole rental if you pick up or drop off at an airport. Driving out of Florence isn't difficult.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 07:45 PM

We also rented through AutoEurope and I believe they placed us with Avis. We dropped the car off at that same rental office that I believe 'grandmere' The street name is the Via Borgo Ognissanti. We were arriving from Siena. It was a bit difficult to find when entering the city, but I imagine it would be perfect for departing the city. It is a one-way street that intersects with the bridge you'd need to cross over the river Arno to head south. It would also be a short taxi ride from just about anywhere in central Florence.