Search

Which area in Copenhagen to stay

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which area in Copenhagen to stay

Hi

My husband and I (mid-late 30's) fly into Copenhagen from Australia for the start of 5 week European holiday next year for 2 nights (3 full days).

I'm trying to decide where to base ourselves. Below is my current thinking, in order of preference:

1. Christianhavn
2. Nansengade
3. Nyhavn

Does anyone have any suggestions/thoughts on the above areas (or others) and recommendations? We're happy to do apartments or a hotels and our budget is approx 200EUR a night. We're happy to just meander around for the few days and haven't planned on what we want to see.

Thanks.
Rellie.
Old Jun 8th, 2015, 05:48 AM

On the assumption you will want to be close to the centre, I would choose Nyhavn first, followed by Christianshavn and then Nansengade.
Old Jun 8th, 2015, 07:54 AM

We were happy to be at The Ibsen Hotel in a quiet residential district near the lakes. Pleasant walk into the Stroget. Have since recommended to several family and friends (all of whom are still on talking terms!) Nearby Klimt Cafe is a good one for lunch or dinner.
Old Jun 8th, 2015, 08:00 AM

Rellie

In Nansensgade:
http://www.arthurhotels.dk/ibsens-hotel/
Old Jun 8th, 2015, 09:36 AM

I'd flip your order completely. Nyhavn, Nansensgade, then Christianshavn. Nyhavn would definitely be my preference over the other two.
Old Jun 8th, 2015, 11:43 AM

We stayed at The Ibsen Hotel last year as well - rooms were average for Europe, but clean and staff was pretty friendly. It's a very pleasant 5-minute walkt to Torvehallerne market, an open market where you can grab a quick bit to eat, fresh fruits, open sandwiches, gourmet chocolate, fresh breads, coffee and pastries, drinks etc. The hotel also houses Pintxos', a tapas restaurant that we liked very much. We liked it so much we had dinner there two nights in a row.
Old Jun 8th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. It's always hard trying to balance staying out of the main tourist areas but still in walking distance to the main sites.
Old Jun 9th, 2015, 12:44 AM

2 nights/3 days is not enough to see Copenhagen or much of Sjælland so staying close to the main tourist areas will save you what little time you have. Nyhavn is such a lovely area, so is Christianshavn. Nansensgade is also very nice, I quite like the area around the old reservoirs of Copenhagen but still think Nyhavn is the best place to stay for a short 2 night stay.
Old Jun 12th, 2015, 05:14 PM

A few weeks ago I returned from a stay in Copenhagen. DH and I stayed at the Hotel Bethel in the Nyhavn area. The hotel is in an old building, a bit dated in decor, and has typical European size rooms. But, it is in a fantastic location, clean, has a good breakfast and the staff very helpful. We were able to walk to all the sites from the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/