Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where would you suggest we spend Easter Sunday in Tuscan hill towns?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Clifford

We'll have a car and traveling through the towns south of Florence. We'd love to attend an Easter mass in a nice setting. Please share your suggestions.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:47 PM
Carin

To the top - I'd like answers, too

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Steve Glickman

I can't speak directly about Easter Sunday, but I have been in Tuscany more than once and my favorite area is Pienza - Montepulciano - Montalcino. They are close together and absolutely fabulous places to visit and stay near. I'm sure they have wonderful Easter services. <BR>I highly recommend an agritourismo B&B called "Le Traverse" near Pienza. <BR>Here's the URL. <BR>"http://www.nautilus-mp.com/tuscany/agriturismi/letraverse/index.html" <BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 08:09 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Clifford, That is a toughie--all of the villages will have events around Easter. We will be spending Palm Sunday is Assisi. Perhaps Paulo can comment on the agenda in Siena, which is bound to be spectacular. Not knowing about the specific festivals that are scheduled for Easter, I would be inclined to pick the village based on general ambiance, and would suggest Volterra and Montepulciano as two of my favorites. In previous years we have been blessed by spending Easter in such diverse villages as Nerja[Spain], Marvao[Port.]and St. Moritz--all were most memorable experiences. Good luck !

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 09:34 AM
sandi

I can't imagine being anywhere other than Assisi for Easter Sunday.