Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Tours, France?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 12:43 PM
siobhan

We're heading to Tours mid May for a few days and are unsure which accommodation to choose. There are plenty of websites with a list of many hotels, but which one?<BR><BR>Appreciate recommendations.<BR>Thanks<BR>s

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Howard

I've been looking into the same thing. Check out my recent posting here ("Is it possible to do a two-day tour of Loire chateaux without a car?). There's lots of useful info in the responses, and you may find it helpful. <BR>Also, in doing my research, I've come across a website which lists a group of chateaux in the Tours area where you can stay, and the prices aren't bad. We considering staying in one. Check it out: http://www.webscapades.com/france/loire.region-page.htm

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 02:06 PM
kam

Hi Siobhan and Howard, Chateau D'Artigny in Montbazon is very posh and a lovely chateau hotel. But, we stayed at Le Domaine de la Tortiniere, a smaller chateau where we got to know the staff and even came away with recipes! If you're tempted, ask for the turret room on the top floor. Do certainly eat at the hotel. And, Montbazon is just a very short drive from Tours and I think a prettier place.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Ron

We have enjoyed our stays at the Chateau Bealieu, but the next ime we are in the area we will try the Chateau de Rochecotte.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Jeff

Hi Siobhan,<BR><BR> I love the Chateau de Rochecotte. I stayed there two years ago and plan to go back in May. The gardens are well groomed, the food is great, and the rooms are huge. I especially liked my room. (#14). Check out their website. I definitely recommend this hotel and the service is wonderful. Have a great trip!