Where to stay in Prague?

Jan 15th, 2002, 10:01 AM
linda

Where to stay in Prague?

Does anyone have any great ideas or favorite hotels in Prague? Prices, area, memorable features?

Jan 15th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Ade

I stayed at the Grand Hotel Bohemia in Old Town in Nov. 2000. I thought it was nice w/a great location. It is just a few minutes from Old Town Square. The other area I've never stayed but would definitely look into is right across the Charles Bridge in Mala Strana. Enjoy your trip!

Jan 15th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Nancy

We stayed at the U Tri Pestroska (sp) The Three Ostriches which is directly next to the Charles Bridge. The hotel is old and wonderful, and location can't be beat. It is noisy if your room looks out on the bridge - but for atmosphere would definitely recommend it.

Jan 16th, 2002, 01:06 PM
W. A. Robison

Our favorite place to stay in Prague (and perhaps in all of Europe)is the Domus Henrici, a beautiful small hotel located about halfway between the Prague Castle and the Strahov Monastery in the Hradcany section. Their web site is www.domus-henrici.cz

We also have a few pictures of the hotel on our website:
www.cp-tel.net/war

Click on Travel Albums and select the Prague Christmas trip.

Jan 16th, 2002, 02:13 PM
s.fowler

Nice site W.A. The pictures of Prague brought back memories.

Let me know if you would like your website included on the "fodorite" web pages that I have been maintaining. Go to http://traveurope.net/fodorite/fodor.htmand click on "websites".

Jan 16th, 2002, 11:27 PM
ttt

Any more suggestions for linda?

Jan 17th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Marc David Miller

Look under the older postings for Czech Republic

Feb 11th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Amy

I will be in Prague the nights of 4/20 - 4/21 and 4/26 and am considering Pension U Lilie and King George's Hause, both in the Old Town on Liliova Street. Can anyone recommend either of these 2 Pensions? If not, are there any other 2-3 star Pensions/Hotels ($60 - $80 US) in the Old Town that anyone can recommend? Thanks.

Feb 11th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Linda

Amy, we stayed at Penzion Balbin on Balbinova near the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Square. It is 5-10 minute walk to just about everywhere you want to go, in on top floors of old apartment building with locked door to street so safe, shower/toilet in room, skylights, very good buffet breakfast, nice English -speaking staff. Try nethotels.com or www.avetravel

Feb 12th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Melissa

This is a long shot, but I'll ask: Do the above-mentioned hotels have websites? I'd like to compare prices

Feb 13th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Linda

Melissa, try www.avetravel.cz and nethotels.com for a good listing of a number of hotels and pensions.

Feb 14th, 2002, 02:19 PM
dee

I just got back from Prague about 3 weeks ago, and I LOVED the Hotel Metamorphis. Located in the Old Town, overlooking Tyn Catherdral...just lovely.