Where to spend a few nights in the countryside

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have 16 nights to allocate between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. We arrive in Copenhagen and depart from Stockholm. I was thinking 4 nights each in the 3 capitals which leaves 4 nights to allocate elsewhere. I've found that although we love the museums and restaurants of the cities our best memories are the little villages and towns in the countryside - they are just trickier sometimes to access. One idea was to spend two nights in Jutland, or in the countryside around Copenhagen, then fly to Bergen, two nights Bergen, one night Balestrand and then to Oslo, train to Stockholm. or skip countryside in Denmark and allocate the extra nights to Balestrand and countryside around the fjords. This is our first time in Scandinavia so we are a bit unclear about distances and what makes sense itinerary wise. If you had 4 to 5 nights outside of the major cities where would you spend them? Thanks.
Old Jan 9th, 2019, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. Norway in a Nutshell route to Flåm and Balestrand then Bergen. Fly to Stockholm from Bergen. The train from Oslo to Stockholm is not that interesting.