Reload this Page >

Where to meet at Charles de Gaul

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Judy

My brother and I will be flying into CDG from different cities and arriving within a half hour of each other.<BR>He flys in on Northwest and I fly in on British Air.<BR>Not knowing anything about the airport, can anyone tell me the best way to get together/meet after we land?

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:25 AM
elvira

there are couple of terminals at Charles de Gaulle/Roissy, so you'll need to make sure who is where.<BR><BR>Here's a site with the maps of the terminals, and meeting points marked:<BR><BR>http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich?ReadForm&cle=X500520524

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Betty

This site gives you a detailed map of CDG airport in English. Find out which terminal each of you will be arriving at and choose a bar or restaurant that would be convenient. In terminal 1 there is a bar called "Point de rencontre" or "Meeting Point." That way, if one of you is delayed, the other will at least be comfortable waiting. As a last resort, you could meet in the lobby of one of the hotels, like the Sheraton or the Hilton. Good luck!<BR><BR>http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich?ReadForm&cle=X500550

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Bob Brown

The first fact you absolutely must know is the Termainal building at which your flights are arriving. CDG is set up with 3 separate building complexes: T1, T2, and T9. As a general rule, Air France and its affiliates use T2, which is really 5 separate buildings, or halls.<BR><BR>Other airlines normally use T1.<BR><BR>My guess is that your brother's flight is really KLM, because Northwest and KLM code share and KLM handles the European flights. If the flight is actually KLM equipment, it will likely land at T1. Some British Airways arrivals also use T1. <BR><BR>Take a look at the following web site. It may help you determine where your flights arrive. As I said, that information is critical.<BR>http://query.adp.fr/adpv3/gb/cdg/hor/index.adp<BR><BR>If both flights arrive at T1, then some of the problem is solved. Assuming that to be the case, the chore now is to find a good place to meet that must be accessible and visible. <BR><BR>I suggest MacDonalds. It is in a public area on the boutique level of T1.<BR>It visible, and it is open most of the time, whereas many of the others are not open early or late. <BR><BR>I will tell you right now that T1 is a maze. It is circular and multi level with satellite spokes feeding off of the<BR>main circles. To me the place is like a multi layered bagel with tight circular corridors. Claustrophobic is the word in my opinion.<BR><BR>Good luck and best wishes.<BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 10:02 AM
al

topping for Judy. This is too important an issue for it to get lost in the wilderness.<BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Judy

I've checked and found out that both flights arrive into Terminal 1.<BR>I think it will be at McDonald's unless someone can recommend an easier place.<BR>Thanks to you all for replying.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:41 PM
bob Brown

the MacDonalds should be be there!!<BR>Hard to think of it being closed.<BR>A backup might be Pizz 'N Grill.<BR>Same level, boutique, in T1.<BR><BR>I had thought about baggage claim, but the areas are confused and confusing.<BR>You might not be able to access the area anyhow because of customs barriers.<BR>I know you could NOT in T2C.<BR>That is why I suggested a public area.<BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:24 PM
beth

I've done this before several times. If you get the map mentioned in the above postings, it will indicate clearly various exits in each terminal where the CDG shuttle buses stop. I've always chosen one of those exits as my meeting point.<BR>Also, you should probably have a back up plan; i.e., if you haven't both reached the rendezvous point within a set amount of time, you will proceed to your hotel individually and meet up there.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Judy

Bob Brown,<BR>I have been on this site for many months observing the Q & A's,and I must say that I have been very impressed with some of the "Veteran responses" such as yours and people like, Elvira, BOB THE NAVIGATOR,Paulo in the past,Rex, and the many others and I must say that this is the best travel site that I have ever been on.<BR>THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.<BR> <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Bob Brown

Elvira knows much more than I know about Paris. Like infinity.<BR><BR>But CDG airport is one place on this planet that I dislike. I find it confusing and the French do not make it any easier. When I first saw your question, a worst case scenario went through my head. One arrives at T2C or T2F, and the other at T1. So I was only to happy to respond to your request.<BR>I could forsee potential trouble and confusion.<BR><BR>I told my wife what was up and her response was to meet at a hote in Paris!! That way no one gets lost in the Wilderness. She hates CDG with dedication.<BR><BR>Our feelings originated when we nearly missed a connecting flight home in 1999 because we were so late getting in from Zurich. No one, but no one, helped us get to from Hall B to Hall C of T2. Had I known then what I know now about T2, I could have walked the distance in about half the time it took to ride that crazy shuttle bus, which meandered all over Roissy before it finally made the journey from T2B to T2C.<BR><BR>We passed through T1 last year on our way to Munich. Fortunately I did not have to claim any luggage. We also had almost 4 hours to wait for a connecting flight. So we blundered around the shopping levels in those tight little corridors and decided that there was more to living than this. So we went to the waiting area for our Lufthansa flight to Munich. Not the best, but better than getting bumped constantly.<BR> <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Judy

Bob Brown & Elvira<BR>Thank you again. Love you both.