Reload this Page >

Where to go from Paris??

Search

Where to go from Paris??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 07:14 AM
Shane

Where to go from Paris??

We will be in Europe at the end of june and would like a suggestion as to where to go from Paris with a view to going South and East. We like to party, drink (wine and beer), sights and sounds, but no museums. Please don't restrict suggestions to France.Cheers

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 07:54 AM
Malcolm

I am in the same situation. (late fall) I am currently looking at Amsterdam and possibly Spain, maybe Italy (although farther away) Look forward to responses. Amsterdam is fun, party (space-cakes) and nice to see or so I hear.

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 03:00 PM
Joanna

Would suggest Strasbourg or western German cities such as Cologne.

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 06:21 PM
Y Yang

Take a train to Aix-en-provence (one of the most beautiful cities in France) and then either continue your way down to Nice to soak up some good sea air. Or, drive into Spain.

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 06:37 PM
shari

How about barcelona....
amazing city with never-ending entertainment, bars, discotecas.....beach towns close by!
Also spanish people are super friendly with lots of class!

Old Mar 31st, 1998, 08:07 AM
Saul

Don't know much about the drinking/partying status, but for sights and sounds Italy is great. Milan has class, Rome (a bit far away) is packed with things to see, and Florence and Venice are both beautiful.
As for drinking, Munich is not that far, and has a reputation for beer. Italy is accessible via overnight trains.

Old Apr 7th, 1998, 08:23 AM
Lidia

Well you asked a great question. I like to go south to cannes and Nice they have gambling and partying and you can go to Monaco also. Munich is the greatest Beer drinking place in my opinion. If you have any questions you can Email me.

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 07:32 AM
R. Limb

Whether you are in car or train I would suggest any of the following: Nancy/Reims/Strasbourg, Dijon/Lyon/Geneva, Luxembourg City/Brussels/Brugge/Amsterdam, Aix-en-Provence/Cannes/Nice/Monte Carlo or Frankfurt/Berlin.