Reload this Page >

Where to go for honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Denise

First time in Europe...Amsterdam, Paris, London or Rome....it will be our honeymoon...Please email any advice

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 12:44 AM
Carolee

Paris is for lovers! I loved Rome, Paris and Amsterdam, have not been to London-yet! But in my opinion, Paris has it all-history, culture, food, art.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 04:58 AM
lisa

Italy -- definitely! The Italians are in love with love!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 07:41 AM
xxx

I'm not a Paris freak, so this is totally out of character, but I think Paris is the perfect place for a honeymoon!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 11:46 AM
roman

Paris definitely. Haven't been to Amsterdam. Rome would be my second.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 12:04 PM
John H

Denise, <BR> <BR>Paris and Venice would be my picks. Paris has much more going on and could easily fill an entire trip. If you went to Venice, you would probably want to go somewhere else on the same trip as well (Florence or Rome) -- Venice is worth 3-4 days max. But, there is nothing quite so magical as sitting in St. Mark's Square and listening to the orchestras there, or taking a gondola ride on the Grand Canal. <BR> <BR>You don't mention when you are going -- might want to take weather into consideration, if you plan to be out and about a lot [no additional comments necessary ]. <BR> <BR>Happy travels. <BR> <BR>John H

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 04:59 PM
isobel

denise, <BR> <BR>of the cities that you mention, i suggest rome or paris. london and amsterdam are fun to visit---but i wouldn't place them in my top honeymoon destinations tier. <BR> <BR>italy is a wonderful country and you can't beat the food! venice is truly romantic---there are so many little streets to get lost in... and rome is such a passionate place---the crazy traffic, the people, the ancient history oozing out from every corner. <BR> <BR>have you thought about combining an italy/greece trip? the greek isles are gloriously peaceful. my husband and i had one of the most memorable evenings of our lives just sitting at an out of the way restaurant/bar at the ocean's edge---staring up at the stars and listening to the bossa nova over the lapping of the waves... <BR> <BR>sigh. <BR> <BR>congratulations!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Marjorie

Costa del Sol in Spain or Venice, Italy are my favorite romantic places. Good luck!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Jean

Agree with a previous poster re St. Mark's Square in Venice. However, overall, I find Venice a bit more taxing to tourists -- and I refer both to money and the minor aggrevations of travel. Paris may not have an equivalent to those romantic evenings in Venice, but it is "painless" and wonderful. There are museum passes, metro passes, very reasonable hotel and restaurant options, and more sights than you can see in any one visit.