Reload this Page >

Where to buy militaria in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Linda

My 20 year old son and I are travelling to France; he is an avid collector of militaria, especially from World War II. We know to check out flea markets and brocante markets in the small towns. I remember a shop in the Palais Royale and one or two in the "passages". Anyone know of anywhere else we can look? We'll be in Paris, Normandy and the Riviera (Cannes/Monaco/Menton).

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:47 PM
StCirq

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a pretty well-known militaria shop on the Place des Vosges. Also one that seems to have rather quirky hours on the Avenue Tourville near the intersection with the Boulevard de la Tour Maubourg.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Linda

Thanks for your prompt reply. We'll be staying in the rue Cler area,so, if I remember correctly that should be quite near us.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:07 PM
CDG

My father said that there is a military surplus store in the south that features "French Rifles, Dropped only Once", "French Tanks, Run only in Reverse" and many, many white flags.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:26 PM
f

I guess you think you are amusing ,CDG..were you there , did you live through it.are you enjoying what has been left standing.