My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks for our honeymoon in October to early November. We have purchased our flights and have a general itinerary. Before we start booking B&Bs and hotels however, we would love input as to where to spend more time or if we should eliminate a place or two all together. Any other suggestions would be great as well.
Here is our planned, but flexible, itinerary:
Fly into Venice, stay 4 nights
Rail to Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, Pisa,a nd surrounding area, stay 2 nights
Rail to Florence
Florence, stay 2 nights
Rent Car in Florence
Trip through Tuscany region (Chianti, Siena), stay 5 nights
Rail or Drive to Amalfi Coast????
Ferry to Capri, stay 2 nights
Ferry to Positano, stay 1 night
Rail or Drive to Rome????
Rome, stay 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 8 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Visit to France
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 16 Trains - website?
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 family trip to Germany and more
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 Packing Champagne
- 23 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 24 Milan airport--which one
- 25 two days in Nice