Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where should I stay in Paris with kids? Help me choose!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to decide between 2 apartments. First trip to Paris. We are traveling with 3 kids ages 9, 6 and 3. One apartment is at the Top of the Champ de Mars, 1 block from Blvd Suffren. The owner is so kind and responsive and will be helpful in giving advice. I know the kids will love seeing the Eiffel Tower when they walk out the door, but there probably is not much more within walking distance or is there?. The other is between Rue Mouffetard and Rue Tournefort a few steps from Place de la Contrescarpe and 100meters from the Pantheon through an agency, so no personal service. I would guess that this unit would have more places within walking distance. The price is about the same for both. Just trying to figure out the best place with kids to make my vacation easier.
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Well, in the Champ de Mars area are Les Invalides (I guess three miles of military museum and memorabilia), the Rodin, Les Egouts, and the Orsay.

At Place École Militaire, the N°28, 80, 87, and 92 buses and the 69 on the north side of Invalides will take you to dozens of other sights.
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:39 PM

The Champs de Mars area is great in general, but a lot of the Avenue Suffren is an unattractive thoroughfare with a overhead métro line that's noisy and a lot of junky looking shops. I would pick the other one (even though I'm a dévotée of the 7ème).
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM

For kids, there is probably more walkable places at the apartment in the 5th. Things like the Luxembourg Gardens and Arènes de Lutèce are really close. Things like Notre Dame are also very walkable.
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 06:45 AM

I would go for the 5th. Happy Travels!