Reload this Page >

where shall i go next to be in awe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
dream

When travelling i do like going to museums and churches but my favorite is going for natural scenary that makes me feel like i am in another world. So far the places i most enjoyed are- 1-zermatt (switzerland)<BR> 2- Pebble beach(CA) <BR> 3- vancouver<BR> 4- interlaken (swiss)<BR> 5- Aspen (Colorado)<BR><BR>where shall i go next?

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:53 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Since you have seen the Berner Oberland, let me suggest these:<BR>1.The Lakes & Dolomites of Italy<BR>2.Santorini<BR>3.The Salzkammergaut region of Austria<BR><BR>Good luck !

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:59 AM
travel

GREECE!!!!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:26 AM
pat

The Val de Aosta in France!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:27 AM
pat

The Val de Aosta in Italy.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:29 AM
pat

Sorry for the double post. The Val de aosta is actually in Italy, but isn`t far from the French border. Scenery is great, and there are lots of old roman ruins. When we went they were having some sort of ceremony for the cows! They were wearing bonnets!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:31 AM
Katie

The mesa area inhabited by the Acoma Indians near Albuquerque, New Mexico. A mystical experience.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:37 AM
Sue

Gorde du Verdon and Les Baux, in France.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
Sue

typo==GorGe du Verdon. Altho perched village of Gordes is spectacular, too!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:37 PM
minouche

1- Rio de Janeiro (or any place in Brazil)<BR><BR><BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:57 PM
lbb

I have only been there on a lay over. Iceland is definately like being in another world. Coming in for a landing it almost looks like another world with steam coming from the ground. I have researched Iceland in hopes that it will be an up comming trip. With hot springs, volcanos and some of the greenest (The whole Iceland, Greenland thing is misleading) areas in the world Iceland certainly seems one of the most beautiful destinations for natural scenary. Would suggest the summer months though. That is unless you would like to stay in a hotel made totally of ice.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:02 PM
Fromawe

"where shall i go next to be in awe"<BR><BR>Awe, Greenland

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:03 PM
Marc David Miller

The Lake Baikal region of Siberia, centered on the largest source of fresh water in the world. This region is to Russians what the Grand Canyon is to Americans; add the ecological uniqueness of the Galapagos Islands and you have one of the world’s natural wonders.<BR><BR>For some more information go to <BR><BR>http://whc.unesco.org/sites/754.htm<BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:14 PM
Still

Dream:<BR>Absolutely loved Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. As you round the hotel, the lake, mountains, and glacial run off are spectular any time of the year - Azure Blue, breathtaking. Matter of fact, the Canadian Rockies from Banff to Jasper are worth a look IMHO.<BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
Bob

I am writing this from the Monterey Peninsula so agree with your assesment of Pebble Beach and this area. Great spot to live!<BR><BR>As for your next trip, try Northern Italy as suggested by Bob the Navigator. Beautiful area to visit.<BR><BR>Any place in Bavaria is great. Berchtesgaden/Salzburg area or Garmisch/Oberammergau.<BR><BR>We just finished a tour on the Yangtzee River in China. For unique and fun to visit that area also hard to beat. The Chinese love tourists and we were treated great at every stop.<BR><BR>Just travel!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 02:53 AM
fay

the village of Interlaken in switzerland. It was circled by moutains. AMAZING!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Sarah

Definately I would recommend Turkey, so much variety to see. Cappadocia will blow you away, Ephesis amazing, ruins around every corner, delightful beach areas like Olympus and so much more. Bus services are excellent and people friendly.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Manou

ICELAND...I have been to 52 countries & Islands, ahhhh..but Iceland makes me feel that I am in another world

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:39 AM
nospam

How about Awe, Kentucky.<BR>Or Loch Awe, Scotland.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Elsa

Bob the Nav. - Hate to be so ignorant, but where is the Salzkammergaut region of Austria? Near Salzburg? How far North,S,W, and East does the region extend?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -