Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where in Positano, Italy should we have our 25th anniversary dinner?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Positano next Monday - Friday to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I can't decide where to have dinner on Wed which is our actual anniversary. I've researched restaurants but would love opinions for a special night. Also, what would be the dresscode for the restaurants in Montpertuso (Dona Rosa, Il Ritrovo). From the descriptions, I can't figure out which are dressy & which are more casual. Thanks for your help--this board has been invaluable for planning this trip. I'll give a full report when we get back on 6/4.
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:56 AM

I like Sponda at Le Sireneuse Hotel, ask for a table with a view and tell them it is your anniversay, there are stolling musicians and class all the way (to the bank, ha).

Dressy casual is fine for all the restaurants there, Il ritrovo is not dressy, but no shorts.

Have fun!

Old May 16th, 2004, 02:05 PM

Just so you will know, at Sponda the food will be so-so, but the price will be huge! The view is spectacular, and the musicians do add to the ambience. I took my husband there for his birthday, and they brought him a little cake.
Old May 16th, 2004, 03:40 PM

San Pietro has very good food and still has a nice view, although not as nice as Sirenuse. The Murat has great food in a lovely garden, but doesn't have the spectacular view. I would choose Sponda. The food isn't perfect, but the romance is!

I don't think Montpertuso has as nice of views.
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help. I'll go to the Le Sireneuse website to see if there's info for the restaurant. I just hope this week flies by so we can get there!
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:27 PM
ira

Hi Patty,

How much do you want to spend?
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Ira--
Since we want to make dinner on our anniversary special and at a romantic restaurant, we expected it might be expensive. Also, since this is our first time in Italy, when people say a restaurant is expensive, I'm not sure what that means, exactly. Would $150 cover dinner at Sponda? We also want to eat at La Chiusa in Tuscany during our trip and I've heard that it's expensive but don't know exactly what that means! We do like to have a few special dinners when we're traveling but also love the ma & pa establishments that are frequented by the locals. So to answer your questions, we don't mind splurging to celebrate the day.
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:47 PM

I think you can eat at Sponda for $150 for 2, but not lots of courses and wine. I would budget $100/person to be safe. I think you can expect that or more at La Chiusa. I think you will be happy with both these choices.
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:03 PM
ira

Hi Patty

We thought that the Buca di Bacco was interesting.

However, for less money these are very Italian nd have received very good reviews.

Donna Rosa, Via Montepertuoso 97/99 tel 089/811806 Montepertuoso
just over 4km from the heart of Positano. Open for lunch 12.00-15.00 from Wed-Sun
Open for Dinner 19.00-23.00 Mon-Sun Closed Tuesdays from Oct-May Reservations requested

IL Ritrovo antipasto bar next to Donna Rosa

I think both will send a car for you.

In Florence, I recommend Il Ritrovo
Via de? Pucci 4/A Best food for the price Has fish. Full dinner w/wine abt 40E pp Closed Monday
From Pzza San Giovani (NW corner of the Pza del Duomo) walk one blk East to Via dei Martelli. Go left to Via dei Pucci. Turn Right. Look very carefully on left. No sign. Door could be locked. Ring bell.

Have a lovely trip.
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. I definitely want to go to Montepertuso while we're there. I think we'll do Sponda for Wed. night.
As for La Chiusa--should I make reservations before we leave--we'll be in Sinalunga from 5/31-6/3. I can't find a website for them--just a phone number. Or should I email our hotel, Locando Del Amorosa, and see if they can make the reservation for me? Since we'll have a car, I may make it for lunch so we don't have to drive at night. You've heard of wheeled luggage that rolls,after all these dinners & wine, my husband may have to roll me onto the plane along with our bags!
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:00 PM

I would make a reservation at La Chiusa. I am sure your hotel could book it. Happy, happy anniversary. On May 16, we quietly celebrated our 35th. We will celebrate next month in Positano.