Reload this Page >

Where Has Tony/Stellarossa gone to?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:03 AM
Sarah

Even though I've never been to Europe, I read this board for the knowledge and entertaining comments that are always posted. I've not seen hide nor hair of Tony/Stellarossa (whose wit, though sometimes a little over the top) I enjoyed. Anypne know where he (or maybe she?!) is?

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:25 AM
whocares

He's probably found another outlet for his pomposity!

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 08:13 AM
Wendy

Check out the USA board Sarah. Tony is alive and well and living in Scotland. He is planning a 48 state tour of the US with his friend Emily this November.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 10:14 AM
noname

And the excitement is building already! Who cares?

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 10:34 AM
Tony Hughes

You're just jealous, noname!!! <BR> <BR>I'm excited, Emily's excited, thats enouhg for now. I must say a general thank you to everyone who has contacted me to offer advice/help/lodgings/etc for the trip - all much appreciated. And to the rest of you, it's still not too late. <BR> <BR>We have nowhere to stay in the following states: Kentucky, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas, New Mexico, Montana, The Dakotas, The Carolinas, Anywhere in New England bar Mass, Georgia and Alabama. <BR> <BR>Emily and I are very good at washing and cleaning. <BR> <BR>Keep taking the tablets. <BR> <BR>Tony

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 11:49 AM
Anne

Tony and Emily, <BR>Why don't you skip Texas (kk will kill me) and come up to Colorado. There are so many more interesting sights here than in Texas. Texas is just too big and you'll waste alot of time driving around with nothing interesting to see. Consider yourselves invited to Denver. <BR> <BR>Anne

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 11:58 AM
kk

Ah, Anne, pawdner, them's fightin' words. OR, I can choose to think of them thar fightin' words as just a cute little, innocent teeny troll. <BR>I choose the latter. <BR>Wouldn't want ta have to shoot ya, ya know.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 12:42 PM
s.fowler

Hey Tony! Are you coming Chicago way? Unfortunately we don't have room in our suburban bungalow. Currently we are "parenting" an 18 yr old Macedonian college student and he takes up a lot of space [AND food] -- but we would enjoy showing you around Chicago etc... [in this context "etc..." refers to food and drink]

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 01:10 PM
Bob Brown

Come to Georgia and gorge yourself on Moonpies. We sell them by the box down here. <BR>If you come to Athens, go into the Varsity and have a corn dog. <BR>You might get a free one if you leap up on a table and yell War Eagle!! real loud. On second thought, don't.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 01:34 PM
Tony Hughes

Everyone <BR> <BR>The plan is to visit every state (nb not Alaska/Hawaii) so yes we'll be in Colorado - what's Durango like? and yes Bob we'll be in Georgia - What's Andersonville like?. <BR> <BR>Sally - I'm skipping most of the big cities, Chicago included, this trip is more boondocks than boulevards. Thanks anyway - I'll do it next time.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 01:47 PM
Holly

Then you're gonna love Reno!

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 02:59 PM
Dan

Which towns in the New England states will you visit?

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 03:13 PM
Anne

Tony, <BR>Durango is like heaven, nestled at the base of the San Juan mountains. Mesa Verde ruins are about a half hour drive up to Cortez, the Animas river has rafting and there's lots of horseback riding in the area if you so desire. Check out The General Palmer House as a place to stay. The steam propelled narrow gauge leaves for Silverton directly behind the hotel. <BR> <BR>Sounds like a wonderful trip. Let me know if you need anything else. <BR> <BR>Anne

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 03:48 PM
noname

Jealous? HA! <BR>Hey, I noticed that no one took the nibble and offered you a place to stay! <BR>Too bad! Guess you'll have to pay your own way! <BR>Jealous? Of what?

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:56 PM
Emily

Dave, a few of the places we're planning on visiting, in no particular order: Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, Providence, Harrisburg PA (friends there), Philadelphia, NYC, Manchester NH, Boston, Kennebunkport, somewhere in NJ... and the list goes on. I'd love any insight you may have on this part of the country. <BR> <BR>And btw noname, we've had more offers of places to stay than we can accept. As Tony doesnt feel compelled to hide behind a fake name or address, people have emailed him directly offering to put us up. <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 05:29 PM
anonymous but nice

This same anonymous creep posts at 8:25a, 2:14p, 7:48p, 8:44p. Poor soul, doesn't he have a life? If he were a little nice, maybe he'd get invited to visit people around the country.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 06:21 PM
Bob Brown

Tony: to give you a straight answer, Andersonville is the site of a huge prisoner of war camp that existed during the American Civil War. Today it is a National Historic Park. <BR>In a word, Andersonville was it was awful at the time. Many men died of disease, malnutrition, and infections that were the direct result of their wounds. I personally have never been there even though it is less than 30 miles from where my aunt lived because I find the whole subject repulsively distasteful. (I for one have never seen much glory in war; hence I have not ever been tempted to join one of these groups that seeks to re-enact battles.) <BR>The prison camp environment that exists there now is a recreation. Although it is the scene of a Civil War prison camp, it addresses more than just prisoners of that time. <BR>It certainly is a vivid depiction of the a very ugly aspect of the Civil War. <BR>Whether or not you go there is of course your decision. Given the beautiful natural areas of north Georgia, I think you can find better ways to visit the state. <BR>The area around Andersonville is mostly rural, with lots of coastal plain farm land. The soil produces great peanuts, peaches, and pecans. Corn is also grown in the area as is some cotton. But peanuts are a major crop, particularly around Cordele and Americus. (And former president Jimmy Carter comes from Plains, which is a rich peanut area a little west of Americus.) If you want to see something in that part of Georgia, I find the Agrirama in Tifton much more interesting and current. It is about better ways of growing food and sustaining life. Andersonville is about inhumanity, ignorance, and death.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 06:30 PM
Susan

Jealous of what? Oh please, if you have to ask you don't belong in a travel forum.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 06:32 PM
SharonM

You guys totally lost me on this one...

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 06:43 PM
noname

To anonymous but nice: Check again, sir or madam, but I've only posted twice on this thread. Sorry, but I'm not "who cares" and I don't see any posting at 8:44 p.m. Me thinks you should be spending your time in school improving your mind and less on this forum. (By the way, I'd rather pay my own way when I travel....and I do quite a bit of it without the fanfare of whatshisname. <BR>To Susan: I wish I knew what you were trying to say! <BR>To

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -