Reload this Page >

Where do you park your car?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 06:04 AM
Greg

I am wanting to travel to Cinque Terre and will be driving, what do you do with your car as this area does not allow them.

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 10:07 AM
Bob

We just returned from there. Stayed in Portovenere and parked car at hotel. One day we took the bus to La Spezia then walked to train station and bought the day "tourist pass". It allowed us to ride the train all day. We went to the far north town, got off, explored and them worked outselves back town by town. The train rides very short, only a few minutes between towns. This worked great.

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 03:55 PM
mustangs81

Greg, We parked our car at the LaSpezia Train Station. We left most of our luggage in the car, just brought necessities. We took the train to Monterosso where we spent the night. The next morning we took the mountain/cliff hike to Vernazza and spend the rest of the day there. The hike was magnificent. Then you took the train back to LaSpezia, picked up our car then headed for the Dolomites.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 03:09 AM
Greg

Thanks for your help it is most appreciated.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 05:56 PM
Tom

Greg - On our visit to Cinque we parked our car in a garage called autorimessa Cozzani just below the train station at La Spezia . As I remember I beleive it was kind of a automotive repair shop but you could leave your car there and he would put it inside and lock it up at night. Worked well for us. Regards Tom