Reload this Page >

When's the best time to go to Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Laura

<BR>My family and I are considering going to Rome in the end of August. Does anyone know if this is a good time to go? I'd really appreciate if you could let me know.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:59 PM
JOdy

I'd wait till further into September...avoid crowds, heat, congestion.. we love Italy but go anytime from late Sept thru end of March..the weather may not be the best but the crowds are gone and the cities resume their normal lifestyle!

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 07:47 PM
mabarber

I've been to Rome twice. March is very nice - few crowds, minimal waiting, beautiful traveling weather. Quite frankly, Rome is so wonderful I doubt there is a bad time to go!!!

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Rex

When people do complain about Rome, I'd say it's more often about August heat and crowds than many of the other months.<BR><BR>May, June, September and October - - almost surely all superior.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Peggi

We were there with our 2 grade school aged children in August 2001 and it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Nothing seems to be air conditioned, including, to our great surprise, the Vatican Museum. The A/C in our hotel barely worked. We carried water bottles, took advantage of the many fountains, etc., but if we had it to do over, we would have spent the time on the farm we stayed at in Tuscany and taken day trips on the train to Rome...then returned to "our" farm and jumped in the pool!

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Buzz

I should think that the best time to go to Rome is any time you can.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Capo

Hi Laura. One of the considerations for Rome in August, as others here have mentioned, would be how well you deal with hot weather. I love warm & sunny -- but not hot - weather, so I'd never go to Rome that time of year. When I was there at the end of March last year the weather was almost perfect for my tastes. It was a little too cool in the evenings, but the days were sunny and in the low-to-mid 60s.