Reload this Page >

When to reserve?

Search

When to reserve?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Danni

When to reserve?

How far ahead do we need to reserve a Paris<BR>hotel? We are going to in Sept. but don't<BR>have our flight dates yet. We will try for<BR>the Hotel du Globe as suggested here. I need<BR>some back up suggestions. Has anyone stayed<BR>at any of the hotels listed in Traveler last<BR>month?

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 01:31 PM
MLamont

Danni-<BR>I am leaving for Paris in 2 weeks and just reserved a hotel room last week, online at this address: http://www.paris-deluxe.com/pt/hotels_3.htm<BR><BR>September is probably more "primo" tourist season that is now, but I'd definitely suggest booking a month ahead of time at least. Enjoy your trip!

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:03 PM
John H

I was in Paris with 5 other people last September (9-12). We booked our rooms in April -- fully 5 months ahead of time. September is fall fashion season -- the best value hotels in Paris (3 and 4* categories) get booked relatively quickly. Similarly, I have already booked all of my hotels in France for a trip in late September/early October of this year. By doing so I generally get my choice of hotels.<BR><BR>If you book hotels: get written confirmation and check back several weeks before you travel to ensure that the reservations are correctly booked. (Last year I found out that the hotel had only booked 1 room, not 3, in spite of faxes which appeared to indicate otherwise. We had to scramble 2 weeks before the trip to find an alternate -- and, because of fashion season, only 1 hotel (3 or 4 *) out of 30 I e-mailed or faxed had availability!<BR><BR>So, again, it's never too early to book, in my opinion.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:12 PM
Larry

I agree; book now!<BR>Book earlies possible date to latest possible date. You can always reduce the number of days when you finalize your flights.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Thyra

I agree with the above. If price, location or style of hotel is important to you book asap. We generally travel in March and have all of our hotels booked up by December. However a lot less people travel in March then in September and you really should get started booking asap. Bon Voyage!