Reload this Page >

Wheather in Spain

Search

Wheather in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 04:49 AM
claudia

Wheather in Spain

Hi! I'm planning a trip to Madrid and Barcelone in late March/begining April next year. I'd like to know if this is a good time, how is the weather then and tips on how to pack. Thank you all for being so kind! If you know about a nice hotel in those cities ($100 - 150 dollars) i'll apreciate a lot!

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 05:34 AM
Maira

Claudia----A typical March/April day in Madrid is in the 50's range and frequent episodes of rain. The nights are also somewhat chilly. Southern Spain should actually be an even better alternative. For Spain in March pack dark jackets, warm vests and sweaters. I stayed at two hotels in Madrid, Hotel Mora ($55/night) and Hotel Atlantico ($90/night). I recommend both. Mora is very well located (across El Prado and the Botanical Garden), but you have to make sure to ask for a room in the fourth floor and a big bed (if a couple). Atlantico is located in La Gran Via, surprinsingly quiet, excellent breakfast included, nice staff, good location, pretty rooms. E-mail me if details are needed.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 04:15 AM
Valerie

I was in Barcelona and Madrid in the beginning of April last year. We must have gotten lucky becuase the weather was beautiful. In Madrid, the low 70's, upper 60's with only one hour of rain during the four days there. In Barcelona it was in the high 60's near 70, and had no rain at all. As with most of Europe sometimes you never know what the weather will be.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 05:03 AM
moviebuff

I always thought that the rain in Spain stayed mainly in the plain? <BR> <BR>(1000 pardons -- just watched My Fair Lady for the umpteenth time!)

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 05:11 AM
Kanika Chopra

Hi Claudia, <BR>For more answers to your questions, you might want to post on our Hosted Forum page. Right now, our Spain guidebook editor Christine Cipriani is hosting a forum on Spain and would probably be able to give you some great advice! <BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 11:22 AM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Claudia, we were in Spain end of this past March, beginning of April. Madrid was cold/rainy/windy. I still enjoyed though I didn't get to walk as much as I would have liked. I wore a hooded long black London Fog raincoat most of the time. Same in Toledo but as we drove towards Costa de Sol, weather improved. Still little windy and chilly on the coast line though. Didn't have any warm weather til we got to Estoril coast and Lisbon.