Reload this Page >

What's open on Easter Monday in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Debbie

We'll be in Paris over the Easter weekend, and I realize that Easter Monday is a national holiday. What will be open in the city that day?

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Fred

On Easter Sunday/Monday many restaurants will close, but there will still be plenty open. Understand that many restaurants are closed on Sunday/Monday normally, especially Sunday. Public transportation runs but on a slower schedule. Trains out of Paris will be running (on a holiday schedule). Sunday is a great stroll the parks day and to visit outdoor sites like Place de Tertre and Sacre Coeur. Remember Easter Monday is also a major holiday in France. Most shops will be closed both Sunday & Monday. The Louvre is closed, d'Orsay is open. Don't know about others. Also remember to forget that song "April in Paris" - it can be very cold and nasty then.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Tim

Not sure about Easter, but I've been in Paris a few times on Christmas and New Year's day. There were still lots of eating places open even on those holidays. I used the metro to see the sights just like on regular days.